Temple Land Cycle

B

BigBlue

Here's a cycle of legendary lands (the cursed temple got me thinking... and man do I feel I have no life when I am making up imaginary Magic Cards.... :) )

Sengir Temple

During your upkeep sacrifice a creature. Put X Death counters on Sengir Temple. If you cannot sacrifice a creature, sacrifice Sengir Temple and lose life equal to the number of Death counters on Sengir Temple.

B, T: loxe X life, remove X Death Counters from Sengir Temple to remove target creature with power less than X from the game.

B, T: lose X life, remove X Death Counters from Sengir Temple to add X B mana to your mana pool.

When Sengir Temple leaves play return all creatures it removed to play under their owners control.

Serra Temple

During your upkeep you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, put X Life counters on Serra Temple where X is the toughness of the sacrificed creature. You may only sacrifice one creature a turn in this manner.

W, T: Remove X life counters from Serra Temple to prevent the next X damage to target creature or player.

W, T: Remove X life counters from Serra Temple to gain X life.

Gaean Temple

During your upkeep you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, put X Growth counters on Gaean Temple where X is the Power of the sacrificed creature. You may only sacrifice one creature per turn in this manner.

G, T: Remove X Growth counters from Gaean Temple to give X target creatures a +1/+1 counter.

G, T: Remove X Growth counters from Gaean Temple to give target creature +X/+X until end of turn.

Shivan Temple

During your upkeep you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, put X Flame counters on Shivan Temple where X is the Power of the sacrificed creature. You may only sacrifice one creature each turn in this manner.

R, T: Remove X Flame counters from Shivan Temple to do X damage to target creature or Player.

R, T: Remove X Flame counters from Shivan Temple to put a red Dragon creature token into play which is X/X with flying and haste and is sacrificed at the end of the turn.

Mahamoti Temple

During your upkeep you may sacrifice a creature. If you do, put X Magic counters on Mahamoti Temple where X is the converted casting cost of the sacrificed creature. You may only use this ability once per turn.

U, T: Remove X Magic counters from Mahamoti Temple to gain control of target creature with converted mana cost less than X until end of turn. This creature has haste. Use this ability only during combat.

U, T: Remove X Magic counters from Mahamoti Temple to grant X creature flying and islandwalk until end of turn.

Ferret

Staff member
Those are pretty well balanced cards. Since they're legendary there's little chance of exploitation...I wonder how they'd work w/ Echo creatures, cumulative upkeep creatures, or Fading creatures...

-Ferret

"...I can think of a really sick trick w/ green..."