Teferi's Veil vs. Celestial Sword

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by TheShieldBearer, Jan 6, 2001.

1. TheShieldBearer New Member

ok what happens if I have say a Tolarian drake, Teferi's Veil and a celestial sword in play. Ok i pay the 3 to activate the sword and the tolarian grows to a 5/7 since both effects happen at the same time whose first thesword orthe veil who would takethe drake out and just a clarification does phasing occur before or after the untap step
  2. Namielus Phrexian Plaguelord

Well I know phasing happens before your uptap. But I'm not sure what your asking with the Drake, I don't know what Teferi's Veil and a celestial sword do.
  3. TheShieldBearer New Member

Tolarian Drake is just a phasing flyer but any creature in This situation will do.

Celestial Sword 6cc 3 tap: target creature gets +3/+3, bury it at end of combat

Teferi's Veil 1U Whenever a creature you control attacks it phases out at end of combat

What i want to know is would the outcome be the same in both of these instances

1) I attack and then activate the sword

2) I activate the sword and then attack

And would this be the same for all those other instances that kill stuff at end of combat
  4. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Small problem here... Celestial Sword kills the creature at the end of your turn, not combat.

But, we can pretend it says combat, so I can answer your question...

At end of combat, two effects go on the stack. You control both of them, so you choose the order they go on. Last one on resolves first.

The order you play the abilities in this case does not matter.
  5. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

The veil will make the creature go by-by before the swrod does, because the sword is EOT.....
  6. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

That sounds familiar...
  7. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

I sense some following in the footsteps going on here... :)
  8. Duel Has Less Posts Than Spiderman

Sorry, I didn't read the earlier replies....