Survivor Progress Report?

I

Istanbul

Who's still left? I just sent the reply to MJ for today's (okay, Monday's) question, but I'm wondering how many people have been eliminated.

MJ, could you keep us appraised as to who's still in the running each day?

D

Duel

well, I was in. But I think I've failed this question. Pity, too. I was doing so well...

I

Istanbul

This one was a tough one. But I think my guesses are correct. I simply used a process of elimination.

D

Duel

I meanwhile, was eliminated int the process.

I still think my answers were correct, they just weren't what he was looking for...

T

The Magic Jackal

The game is over, You both answered incorrectly. Look at you PM's for reasons why. That leaves us with a problem then, The only two survivors both missed the last question.

That means it goes down to who had the most points. Istanbul did, so he's the winner. Congrats Isty.

BTW, the last question could have been easily answered w/ apprentice.

Z

Zadok001

Hey, since it's over... Someone re-post the last question for me!

[But NOT the answer! --Zadok001]

T

The Magic Jackal

ok Zadok: Name two sets that have no cards that are banned or restricted in any format.

I

Istanbul

MJ - You're actually wrong.

Fallen Empires and Weatherlight are both banned in Type II.

So the answers are Prophecy and...?

D

DÛke

The sets WILL have to be T2 since all other sets are banned from T2.
So, the only set in T2 right now without banned cards is Prophecy! There, no real answer!

D

DÛke

...Prophecy and 6th edition counts!
That has to be the answer...

I

Istanbul

...evidently, Doomsday is restricted in T1. Forgot about it. Therefore, there's no answer.

T

The Magic Jackal

Istanbul: Fallen Empires and Weatherlight are not even in type 2, so there cards couldn't be banned in it. That's why they qualify. They have no cards that are banned in any format. They sets are banned from type 2, they just not part of the format.

I

Istanbul

I'm right, but I won't keep arguing about it.

When's the next Survivor game start up?

T

The Magic Jackal

No Istanbul, you are wrong. Fallen empires and Weatherlight are no longer in type 2. They also have no banned cards in extended, type 1, or type 1.5.

Z

Zadok001

There is a paradox at work here. I just looked it up. I took the twin examples of Morale (a Dark card) and Morifen (a Weatherlight card), and looked them up in the Crystal Keep for all rulings associated with them. As you know, Morale would be illegal in Extended right now, and Morifen illegal in Standard. In the rulings, Morale is listed with "Extended tournaments (see Rule D.15) have banned this card since 99/10/01." So it is considered banned. This would seem to support Istanbul's statements.

HOWEVER!

Morifen, just a few cards down, is illegal in Standard, and it does _NOT_ have a similar statement attached to it. (For the record, yes, Memory Jar does, so it's not just a Standard thing.) That would support Jackal's statement.

Paradox.

Furthermore, I looked up the format rules for Type 2, and they mention nothing about the 'Banning' of cards in prior sets that have rotated out, sets are only referred to as 'legal' and 'illegal,' or 'not allowed.' Again, this would support Jackal's statement.

So it really can be argued either way, according to the ruling summaries. Any thoughts, or something I've missed in my less-than-thorough search?

S

Sleepy

is anything from mirage or visions or prophecy on the banned/resrticted list? how bout alliances?
i don't think so, but i could be wrong.