Super Bowl

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

I would have put this in polls, but it is not Magic related.

Who do you think is going to win the Super Bowl, the Giants or the Ravens? I already have two dollars on the Giants

GO GIANTS!!!!!

N

nodnarb24

GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!! GIANTS!!!

F

fuzzy510

I'm one of the people that Turd Cutter's betting. GO RAVENS!!!!!!!

(BTW, for those who think I'm not right, I've picked the winner of every single game correct so far! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!)

G

Gerode

I'm just glad Tuiasasopo and the Huskies won the Rose Bowl.

I only follow some college football; the Seahawks aren't the greatest team to be a fan of. I like underdogs and am still pissed at the New York Yankees, so I'll vote Ravens.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I want the Giants to win, because they are a household favorite. But, if I were a betting man, I'd put my money on the Ravens.

Ransac, cpa trash man

F

fuzzy510

Spidey, you know of any good Super Bowl parties? I need a place to celebrate during the game. Oh, to the Giant fans, the Ravens are 15-0 when they've scored at least 7 points. And they've won 10 straight with Trent Dilfer as starting QB. Hope your D shows up! :D :D :D :D :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Not really. Though I like football, I usually don't go football parties. PSINet Stadium should have something though.

Oh wait, I'm going to a cheerleading birthday party for the 6th year old that my wife watches... :)

F

fuzzy510

It's not late is it? I don't think that the 6-year-old's dad would stand for that...

Oh, Gerode, the Ravens are 3 point favorites.

K

K9Archmage

I'm am strictly anit-watching football. I mean, really, how does a bunch of strangers killing each other affect your life?

Hoipa

F

fuzzy510

K9ARCHMAGE DISSED THE SUPER BOWL!!!!!!! KILL HIM!!!!!!

[me]punches his fist into his hand, and hundreds of powerful guns appear.[/me]

Free guns for everybody!!!!!!

BTW, 400 posts.

N

nodnarb24

I don't watch football either K9 but I'm still a fan of the giants since people say they are horrible even though they are going to the super bowl.

A

Apollo

Oho, don't get me started on the Ravens. All I hear is what great storylines they have...

Yeah.

Storylines.

A guy who stood party to a murder and didn't say a word.

A guy who crushed thousands in Cleveland by making a move to Baltimore that didn't even help him.

Oh, I love the Ravens. I loved the beautiful elbow drop (straight out of the WWF!) that 340 lb. Tony Siragusa did to Rich Gannon last week. And the cheap shot they gave to Steve Mcnair the week before. Wow! What athleticism!

And I'm just thrilled to have a Super Bowl matchup with a team that has won one week because of a kicker that can't kick and 2 fluke plays, and the next week because of a little dink and a safety who slipped and fell on his face.

And I can't wait for the next time I turn on the T.V. so I can see Shannon Sharpe's ugly face spouting anything just to get some airtime. The man can't even talk, but he sure loves to try!

I'm not a major Giants fan. But anybody is better than the Ravens. I just don't want to see Art Modell's troll-like face as he hefts the Lombardi trophy, while completely screwing up the famous quotes of the trophy's namesake.

Nor do I ever want to see again some stupid football analyst spouting off about what an incredibly coach Brian Billick is. The "offensive genius" went a month without scoring a touchdown! He doesn't have a clue what he's doing! He better thank whatever God he prays to that he has a great defensive coordinator and the most talented defense in the league to save his sorry butt. And then he goes on TV and sprays gibberish through his beak (look at him) about how fired up he got them and how the other team obviously didn't care.

Go Giants.

F

fuzzy510

That "guy" happens to be Ray Lewis, the League's Defensive MVP. Yeah, he's worthless. :rolleyes:

Yeah, that move didn't help at all. The Browns had never been to a Super Bowl.

If those moves were "cheap shots," why weren't penalties called, Apollo?

Oh, and Apollo, I'd like to see you do a better job than Brian Billick with Tony Banks as your Quarterback.

One last thing Apollo: If anybody is better than the Ravens, why are they in the Super Bowl? They have the best record in the NFL. (15-4) Wait. Don't tell me. You think it's a fluke! Of course! Why didn't I think of that? Oh yeah! I know why! It's not true!

In conclusion, I will bet everybody on the CPA $100 that the Baltimore Ravens will bring home the Lombardi trophy. Defense wins championships. The best D takes home Mr. Lombardi's trophy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
But first, for fuzzy: Oops, my bad, apparently the birthday party is this weekend. Oh well, I'm probably not going to any football parties...

Apollo: Wow, such... negatism. Some may be true, and some may just look that thanks to how the media portrayed it. For example:

Ray Lewis? Personal, off-the-field business. As far as I know he was already in the limo when the stabbings occurred. He might have been protecting his friends which isn't too admirable though.

Art Modell? Of course, one could argue football should have been in Baltimore from the get-go and curse Irsay for moving the Colts. And then Baltimore gets passed up for two expansions...

Cheap shots? Only from it looks like on TV... and it looked like a tackle to me, personally.

Don't know what you mean by the matchup comment.

Billick? Remember, it's the PLAYERS that actually have to execute the offensive plays. I agree with you, it sure wasn't pretty, but in this case I think perhaps 20-30% of the blame can go to the coach. But as you said, that's what the defense is there for. It shouldn't matter all that much whether the offense sucks too bad (at least during that spell).

I mean, look at the Rams. They were tearing up the offensive with scoring like 40+ pts on average but their defense sucked, giving up like 20-30 pts on average. And it finally caught up to them (injuries to Warner notwithstanding...)

Anyway, one could argue the good and one could argue the bad. Perhaps similiar stuff can be said about the Giants. Someone who doesn't like a particular team can always find dirt... :)