Suicide Black ala Darkstar

D

Darkstar

This isnt a beta... Ive tweaked it several times. I only lack 3 cards to finish it the way I would like it. Lmk what you guys think.

1x Morality Shift
2x Yawgmoth's Bargain
3x Vicious Hunger
4x Consume Spirit
2x Drain Life
2x Pox
3x Pestilence
4x Spinning Darkness
4x Diabloic Edict
4x Bubbling Muck
2x Duress
2x Ostracise

2x Minion of the Wastes
3x Nantuko Shade
1x Avatar of Woe

16x Swamp
2x Cabal Coffers

Its works nicely against a wide variety of decks... has a bit of a problem with sligh/land destrukt tho.

Oh yeah, Im needing two Yawgmoth's Will and one Underworld Dreams to finish it off. If yu think yu might can help, plz send me a pm!

Thx

G

Gaea'sSaproling

coo, id throw in some more swamps and rituals since some of the stuff has a high cost

D

Darkstar

Ive never had any mana problems with this deck...

most everything is cheap in this deck, saving the biggies for the coffers nd mucks. fairly simple. adding land or rituals would in my opinion cripple this deck.

If I were to get the Wills and the dreams, I would take out the morality shift, and all four spinning darkness'... replacing two of them with massacre perhaps. Does that seem like the most logical substitution?

Lol, I guess theres plenty of other options. I havent bought any cards since onslaught, so Im fairly unfamiliar with the newer sets.

thx

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Night's Whispers or something like that maybe...

I'm also surprised at not seeing any Hypnotic Specters or the like.

Something like Hymn to Tourach would be good for your bad matchups, since it can hit early and removes two potential threats, or at least slows them down, generally...

I would alter the creature base significantly. Minion of the Wastes is fun, but not practical. Nantuko Shade sucks up a lot of mana but might still fit in. The Avatar of Woe thing doesn't really have much of a way to lower its casting cost, but it's a great finisher. Other creatures that may work are Order of the Ebon Hand or Knight of Stromgald (same thing, really).

I don't see Pestilence fitting all that well into this deck. If you keep it, I would recommend Darkling Stalker, which costs twice as much as Nantuko Shade, but has regeneration for synergy with Pestilence.

Pox completely cripples you just as much as your opponent. I do not see how a deck like this can run Pox, but perhaps you're using it as a panic button, since it hits the opponent on so many levels. I'd go for something more along the lines of Nevinyrral's Disk for such an effect...

I do not know why you would run a black deck without Dark Rituals, or how you came across the idea that they would cripple such a deck. Dark Ritual allows for nice first turn plays like Hypnotic Specter or Duress and Hymn to Tourach. Late game it fuels Drain Life. It is almost never a dead card. And if you're going to use Yawgmoth's Will, the mana boost from multiple Rituals is insane...

Ostracize is such a bad card compared to Duress, Hymn to Tourach, Unmask, and Mind Twist that any of those cards would be great replacements for it.

Running so few Swamps with the Cabal Coffers doesn't seem like it would help either. If you were using Lake of the Dead instead, that would be understandable...

Anyway, this deck is not Suicide, but monoblack control. There's a discussion on suicide going on right now on this board, if you'd like to see Suicide. But this is a different concept altogether.

What this deck needs is focus, in my opinion. Many of the cards you are using are excellent cards for monoblack, but when you use them together they have no synergy. Pox and Pestilence are a great example of this...

T

train

Barter in Blood might be something to look at over Spinning Darkness...

D

Darkstar

New and Improved!

1x Underworld Dreams
2x Phyrexian Arena
3x Vicious Hunger
4x Consume Spirit
2x Drain Life
2x Pox
3x Pestilence
1x Massacre
4x Diabloic Edict
4x Bubbling Muck
2x Duress
2x Ostracise
1x Infest
2x Yawgmoth's Will

2x Minion of the Wastes
3x Nantuko Shade
1x Avatar of Woe

16x Swamp
2x Cabal Coffers

C

chris92

ostracize is not the right thing your looking for, you need more hand disruption than that, hymns, specters and more duresses are staple.
i think that your trying to do your own thing here and not simply sticking to the staples of most competitive black decks. and if it works for you, or you're having fun using 'em then that's just ay't :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Then one would really only be having fun because one's opponents are playing equally crappy decks. Casual is not the same as bad. I mean, Pestilence and Pox in the same deck... :(