Subterfuge Revision : Artifacts

L

Landkiller

1)
Alabaster Golem - Common - 1
Artifact Creature - Golem; 2/1
Attacking does not cause Alabaster Golem to tap.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Plains you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Alabaster Golem.

2)
Andradite Golem - Common - 1
Arifact Creature - Golem; 2/1
Andradite Golem may only be blocked by black creatures and artifact creatures.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Swamp you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Andradite Golem.

3))
Arc of Ages - Rare - 1
Artifact
3, Discard two cards : Target opponent shuffles either two cards from their hand or two permanents they control into his or her library. Shuffle that library afterwards.

4)
Azure Golem - Common - 1
Artifact Creature - Golem; 2/1
Flying.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return an Island you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Azure Golem.

5)
Blood Bank - Uncommon - 4
Artifact
0: Deal 1 damage to target untapped creature you control. That creature taps. put a blood counter on blood bank
Remove a counter from blood bank: prevent 2 damage to any creature or gain 2 life.
"For a measly 4 pints of blood, you can win - a small mug!"

6)
Book of the Chosen - Rare - 5
Artifact
When Book of the Choosen comes into play put a Chosen counter on all lands, artifacts and creatures. If another Book of the Chosen comes into play, sacrifice Book of the Chosen.
5,T:Tap each permanent with a Chosen Counter.

7)
Broken Gemstone - Rare - 0
Artifact
During your upkeep, lose 1 life.
Remove the top card of your library from the game, T : Add 1 mana to your mana pool.

8)
Celestial Arrow - Rare - 3
Artifact
When Celestial Arrow comes into play, name a creature type.
5, T : Destroy target creature of the chosen type.

9)
Chipped Meteorite - Rare - 3
Artifact
T, discard a card : Add 2 mana of a color in mana cost of the discarded card to your mana pool.

10)
Crimson Golem - Common - 2
Artifact Creature - Golem; 3/2
Haste.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Mountain you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Crimson Golem.

11)
Death Contraption - Uncommon - 3
Artifact
You may play Death Contraption as an instant.
When Death Contraption comes into play, both players sacrifice a land.
1, Sacrifice Death Contraption : Deal 1 damage to each creature.

12)
Dynamite - Rare - 3
Artifact
Dynamite comes into play with 3 fuse counters.
Dynamite does not untap as normal.
1 : Tap Dynamite.
At the beginning of your upkeep step, if Dynamite is tapped, remove a fuse counter from Dynamite. If Dynamite has no fuse counters, sacrifice Dynamite, sacrifice a land, and choose one : deal 2 damage to all creatures; or deal 4 damage to any target.

13)
Gleaming Bridges - Uncommon - 2
Artifact Creature -Wall ;0/3
(Walls cannot attack)
1, Sacrifice Gleaming Bridges: Draw a card.

14)
Grail of Hope - Uncommon - 4
Artifact
If you have 6 or more cards in your hand, sacrifice Grail of Hope and discard your hand.
You may not play spells while Grail of Hope is tapped.
During your draw step, draw 2 cards. T : Draw three cards.

15)
Grinding Mill - Rare - 6
Artifact
When Grinding Mill comes into play, choose a non-land card type (Sorcery, Creature, Instant, Enchantment, Artifact)
T,1X: Look at the top X cards of target players library and remove a card of the chosen type with a casting cost X or less from the game. Shuffle the library.

16)
Horn of Sweetdrink - Uncommon - 5
Artifact
T: Add 3 colorless mana to your mana pool.
1,T: Add 2 mana of any color a land you control can produce.

17)
Imperial Armada - Common - 5
Artifact
As Imperial Armada comes into play, you may pay X. Search your hand and library for up to X Imperial Armada cards and put them into play. Shuffle your library.
Tap an untapped creature you control, tap: Imperial Armada deals X damage to target creature, where X is the number of untapped Imperial Armada permanents you control.

18)
Invisible Ring - Rare - 0
Artifact
When Invisible Ring comes into play, remove a creature you control from the game, placing that creature under Invisible Ring.
3T: Invisible Ring deals X damage to target creature or player, where X is equal to the power of the creature under Invisible Ring.

19)
Iron Maiden - Uncommon - 1
Artifact
As this comes into play, roll a six sided die.
During each player’s upkeep, he or she loses 2 life if he or she has X cards in his or her hand, where X is the number rolled.
3 : Return Iron Maiden to it’s owner’s hand.

20)
Ironsides - Common - 6
Artifact Creature - Ship ;3/3
4: ~this~ gets landwalk for a type of land of your choice until end of turn.

21)
Jade Golem - Common - 2
Artifact Creature - Golem; 3/4
Trample.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Forest you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Jade Golem.

22)
Jopai Juggernaut - Uncommon - 4
Artifact Creature - Juggernaut
As you play Jopai Juggernaut, you may pay X to put a +X+X counter on Jopai Juggernaut when it comes into play. X may not be greater than 3. As you play Jopai Juggernaut, you may pay 1 to give Jopai Juggernaut Trample when it comes into play.
Jopai Juggernaut cannot be blocked by walls, and must attack if able.
3/2

23)
Kickback Scepter - Rare - 3
Artifact
X1,T, remove the top X cards of your library from the game: Destroy target artifact or enchantment with a converted mana cost of X.

24)
Larva - Common - 0
Artifact Creature - Insect ;0/2
If you control another creature, Larva gets +1+0.

25)
Lightning Rod - Uncommon - 2
Artifact
Damage done to you or creatures you control by spells is reduced to 0.

26)
Mechanical Means - Uncommon - 2
Artifact
1, Sacrifice Mechanical Means, Choose one: Remove the top 6 cards of target players library from the game; regenerate target permanent in play; or put a 2/1 Thopter token with flying into play tapped.

27)
Medal of Honor - Rare - 0
Artifact
When Medal of Honor comes into play, draw a card for each Legendary Permanent you control.
T, Remove Medal of Honor from the game : Change target's creature's type to Legend permanently.

28)
Memory Catcher - Rare - 6
Artifact
Whenever an instant or sorcery card is put in your graveyard, you may pay 3 and return that spell to your hand. If you do not, you lose 4 life. During your upkeep, sacrifice a permanent.
"Its to bad she wont live, but then again, who does?"
-Blade Runner

29)
Millatog - Common - 3
Artifact Creature - Atog ;1/2
1 , Your opponent may search through your library and remove up to 3 cards from the game : Millatog gains +4+4 and is either a black or white creature until end of turn. Shuffle your library. You may only use this ability once per turn.

30)
Noble Golem - Uncommon - 6
Artifact Creature - Golem ;2/6
1,T: Put a -1/-1 counter on Noble Golem: Target creature gets +1/+2 until end of turn.
3,T: Sacrifice Noble Golem: Creatures you control get +1/+4 until end of turn. Play this ability only if you control at least 3 creatures.

31)
Perpetual Automation - Uncommon - 6
Artifact Creature – Golem ;4/5
Untap Perpetual Automation: Target tapped non-land permanent you control does not untap during your next untap phase.

32)
Rainbow Orb - Uncommon - 3
Artifact
X2: Add X mana of any one color to your mana pool.

33)
Reparist - Common - 2
Artifact Creature -Soldier ;1/1
1,T: Regenerate target artifact.

34)
Reserve Burner - Rare - 4
Artifact
Reserve Burner comes into play tapped.
If Reserve Burner untaps during your untap step, skip your draw step that turn.
T : This turn, you have a second attack phase and a third main phase after your second main phase.

35)
Scepter of Might - Rare - 5
Artifact
When Scepter of Might comes into play you lose half your life rounded up. Scepter of Might comes into play tapped. Scepter of Might may not be target of spells or abilities.
T: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
T: Destroy target tapped artifact or non-basic land.
T: Scepter of Might deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

36)
Scrying Pool -Uncommon - 4
Artifact
Each player plays with the top card of his or her library revealed while Scrying Pool is untapped.
X2, Tap: Put the top card of your library into your hand. X is the converted mana cost of the card.

37)
Silent Dreadnought - Common - 5
Artifact creature -Ship ;7/7
Silent Dreadnought cannot attack or block unless each player controls an island.
Discard two cards: Target land is an island while Silent Dreadnought remains in play.

38)
Slothful Golem - Common - 1
Artifact Creature - Golem ;1/1
When Slothful Golem is put in a graveyard from play tap all creatures in play.

39)
Soul Generator - Rare - 3
Artifact
T, Pay X Life, Sacrifice a creature : Choose one of the colors of the sacrificed creature. Add X mana of the chosen color to your mana pool. You may not pay more than 5 life each turn.

40)
Staff Of Renewal - Rare - 2
Artifact
As an additional cost to play Staff of Renewal, you may pay X. If you do, Staff of Renewal comes into play with X Replenish counters.
When Staff Of Renewal comes into play, draw a card.
Remove a Replenish counter , T: Reshuffle X target cards from your graveyard into your library. X is equal to the number of Replenish counters on Staff of Renewal.
The Ronom Glacier holds many surprises

41)
Steel Walls - Rare - 5
Artifact
You may play Steel Walls as an Instant. If you do, it costs 2 less to play and you must sacrifice it at the end of your turn.
Untapped creatures you control get +2+2. T : Untap target blocked creature.

42)
Stone of Chaos - Uncommon - 3
Artifact
3, Sacrifice Stone of Chaos : All players with less than four cards in hand draw cards until they each have four cards in hand.

43)
Stone of Order - Uncommon - 2
Artifact
2, Sacrifice Stone of Order : All players with more than four cards in hand discard cards until they each have
four cards in hand.

44)
Switchblade - Uncommon - 4
Artifact
2, Tap: ~this~ does 1 damage to target creature.
Tap, sacrifice ~this~: put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.

45)
Temporal Reactor - Rare - 5
Artifact
During your upkeep, put a Heat counter on Temporal Reactor
At the end of your turn, sacrifice a land. Otherwise, Temporal Reactor deals X damage to you, where X is equal to the number of heat counters on Hot Potato
Sacrifice a land: Remove a heat counter from Hot Potato
Sacrifice a land: Target player gains control of Hot Potato
"Ooo, aahh, ow"

46)
Timber Golem - Uncommon - 4
Artifact Creature -Golem ;4/5
Non-Golem creatures you control may not attack.

47)
The Brewery - Uncommon - 2
Artifact
T:Gain 8 life. At end of turn, lose 8 life.
1,T: Gain 1 life.

48)
Tripwire - Uncommon - 2
Artifact
All creatures lose Haste. When Tripwire comes into play, draw a card.
So much for the element of surprise.

49)
// CUT //
Mole Engine (1)
Artifact Creature
During your upkeep, return a Mountain you control to its owner's hand or bury Mole Engine.
2/1
// CUT //

50)
//CUT//
Golem of Emeralds 2
Artifact Creature- Golem
Trample
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Forest or a non-basic land you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Golem of Emeralds
4/3
"I tried to pluck a gem of its chest, thinking it was mere statue...within seconds, my company was dead, and I was left with nothing but a broken body."
-Zel, Thief
//CUT//

51)
//CUT//
Volcanic Golem 3 --OG by FoR
Artifact Creature- Golem
Volcanic Golem cannot be blocked except by artifact creatures and black creatures.
At the beginning of your upkeep, return a Swamp or a Mountain you control to its owner's hand or sacrifice Volcanic Golem
3/5
"The mechanical feat charged right through our lines, only stopping to slay the general and his guard."
-[Insert name of Country here] FootSolider
//CUT//

52)
Unholy Armor - Rare - 3
Artifact Creature ; */*
When Unholy Armor comes into play remove from the game a creature you control. Unholy Armor's power is equal to that creature's power plus three. Unholy Armor's toughness is equal to that creature's toughness plus three. When Unholy Armor is removed from play return that creature into play tapped.

53)
Warriors of Glass - Uncommon - 2
Creature - Golem ;3/4
When any other creature comes into play, sacrifice Warriors of Glass.

54)
Watch Tower - Common - 2
Artifact Creature - Wall ;0/3
3,T : Watch-Tower deals 2 damage to target attacking creature that Watch Tower is not blocking.

55)
Welding Tool - Rare - 1
Artifact
During your upkeep, sacrifice all other artifacts you control unless you pay 6.
T, Pay 2 life: Search your library for an artifact card and put it into play. Shuffle your library afterwards.

56)
WillStone - Uncommon - 1
Artifact
2: Target player puts the top card of their library into their graveyard. Any player may play this ability.

57)
Wolfhead - Rare - 3
Artifact
When Wolfhead comes into play each player draws 2 cards.
When Wolfhead leaves play each player draws 2 cards.
During each player's discard step each player draws a card.

58)
Wooden Steed - Uncommon - 3
Artifact Creature ; 0/3
When Wooden Steed is put into the graveyard from play,
you may remove it from the game and put X 1/1 artifact creature soldier tokens into play. X is equal to the amount of lands you control.
"Surprise!"

L

Landkiller

Well, I know it's not quite as good as some people's organisations, but, it's more readable than my first draft. Anyway, hope it's helpful, and I tried to balance many of the cards. Especially Silent Dreadnought;)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Lightning Rod is way too cheap for its effect. It should be at least 3 mana, probably 4.

What does "OG" mean???

When we finish this, we will need to know who helped with what, so if you (anyone in general) see a card here that doesn't have your name on it, could you point it out? I know I made Rainbow Orb, for instance.
This goes for the other threads, too (although it could probably wait until later..)

J

Jake74

Does it really matter who originally made which cards? (I know, I know - I made like 3)
This is a Team Set... we can credit everyone that helped (no matter how much), but do we really need to know who made each card?

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Jake74: In general I would agree with you. However, there were a few cards that were submitted early on by people who stopped submitting later, but we still need to mention them. At the end, we won't say who made which cards. This would just be as a reminder for us of who helped.

L

Landkiller

Yes, it means Original Version by. Anyway, I was trying to keep track of it to give credit to people. Actually, you're right. Many contributors have come and gone, so there are pretty many.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Right you all are.

Landkiller, would you number these?

F

FoundationOfRancor

Question, do we want to make Golems a theme for Subterfuge?
I have a list of commom artifacts i'd like to include, but we dont have room for them if we include the cycle of golems.

Also, Memory Catcher should be fine without the upkeep cost.

L

Landkiller

Well, let me know about your alternate artifacts and we can consider them. About Memory Catcher. It buys buyback wrath of god, or fireball, or other such things (Undermine) each turn. How strong is that? I think it needs a penalty. But, if two people disagree I will change it.

Lightning Rod is definetely too cheap. It will be modified somehow.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Ok...
Well, thing thing with Memory Catcher is that it activates with every spell you play. You either have to pay 3 for every spell or 4 life.

F

FoundationOfRancor

This was the list I was thinking of:

Alabaster Golem -Common
Andradite Golem -Common
Azure Golem -Common
Crimson Golem -Common
Jade Golem -Common

Arc of Ages -Rare
Book of the Chosen -Rare
Grinding Mill -Rare
Memory Catcher -Rare

Gleaming Bridges -Uncommon
Lightning Rod -Uncommon (With some changes)
Mechanical Means -Uncommon
Timber Golem -Uncommon
Tripwire -Uncommon
----------------------------------------
And these are the cards that I think would also be good in here:
Imperial Armada -Common
Millatog -Common
Reparist -Common
Warriors of Glass -Uncommon
WillStone -Uncommon (If so, gotta take out Grinding Mill)
Wooden Steed -Uncommon

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Those cards seem good; however, that's only 14, and we were planning to use 15 artifacts, right?
In that case, we need to include another common.

I would suggest the following cards to include in that slot (other than the ones FoR already suggested):
Slothful Golem
Watchtower

Reword Book of the Chosen to say the following:
"When Book of the Chosen comes into play, remove all chosen counters from all permanents. Then put a Chosen counter on all creatures, artifacts, and lands."

L

Landkiller

Here's what I like...i wish i could include slothful golem, but it seems likely we will continue a golem theme in our artifacts a bit in the following sets, so it will probably make it in eventually.

Commons - 5 slots
Alabaster Golem
Andradite Golem
Azure Golem
Crimson Golem
Jade Golem

Uncommons - 5 slots
Mechanical Means
Willstone
Timber Golem
Tripwire
Warriors of Glass

Rares - 5 slots
Kickback Scepter
Broken Gemstone
Book of the Chosen
Reserve Burner
Celestial Arrow

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Frankly, I think we should include more commons than rares, but it's probably fine anyway.

J

Jake74

We don't really have to have artifacts in groups of five, lands and artifacts together can equal groups of five so we could have one more or less artifact and balance with lands...