Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5001 - 10,000

• More than 10,000 but too lazy to count

• Total voters
C

Chaos Turtle

Until I moved from North Carolina to Arizona, I had more cards than I could count (sorting was a month-long process). But when I moved I decided to leave the majority of them behind. I'm not sure how I feel about having done that...

J

jorael

around 5,000 being:

-my play collection of about 4,000 cards (not many very expensive rares but all the mentionable commons and uncommons)
-a crap draft box (about 200 self made packs of mostly commons)
- a mental magic pile of about 300 cards (just created, not used yet)
- 2 piles for pile magic (one library and graveyard for all players) each about 250 cards.

Then I have hundreds of playable commons (playsets unsummon, dark ritual, giant growth, etc.). I sell those in bulk for cheap to friends or add them to the crap-draft box. :cool:

Ferret

Staff member
When I saw the topic of this poll/post I thought it was asking how many "stupid" cards I owned, and I was all about to start talking about how great my four Sorrow's Paths were...

I'm not sure how many I own, because they're in storage, but I'd assume that it's close to about 15,000. Every chance I got I gave any new players a chance to go through my "dirt commons" box - it's amazing how many of them are now out of print and probably kinda' valuable...

-Ferret

"Lightning Bolt? Sure, take four. I've got tons..."

E

Ephraim

I'm pretty certain that I've got somewhere between 5,000 and 10,000 cards. If it's more than 10,000, it isn't by much. My father, on the other hand, has well in excess of 30,000 cards. At any one time, he has around fifty playable decks (3,000 cards) that occupy two drawers in the case he has devoted to Magic cards. The other seven drawers are also filled with cards. He's got a couple of 1,000 card boxes (which actually hold closer to 1,300 Magic cards) full, and there are always several stacks of 500+ cards sitting on top of the case.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, that must be cool. You know you always have an opponent :)

I have about 15,000 and I know because they're all in Magic Suitcase. However, a lot are the multiple commons (like from this one person's set I bought, he must have collected white and artifacts because he had like 15 of almost each white common and artifact).

C

Captain Caveman

I also have in excess of 30,000 cards.

I have 4 times each common and Uncommon since Visions(some are more than four each)

I have 4 of each tournament "rare" from those sets also. Plus the random rares from buying boxes.

I'm set up similiar to the way Ephraim said his dad is/was.

I've also got a play-set of Dual lands(4 each) and various rare cards from the base sets(Revised forward)

Unplayed sets: Visions, Alliances and Weatherlight.(mint. I've never played with them. I started as a collector then became a wanna be player.)

I have approx. 15 playing decks(type 2 and extended), 8 anything goes, and 20 Tribal decks.(they are put together but I switch cards around between them(only 4 of some rares)

Then of couse there is the online collection. Its not much. Its mostly commons and Uncommons with a few rares that I like.

I have a few Invasion Block cards but most of my online cards are from Onslaught block forward.

Its kind of unreal how many cards I have collected over the years and how much money I have spent. I'm afraid to guess but its a lot.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I am way too lazy to count all of my cards, but I could put them all in a box and carry them without killing myself or anything...