Stacking order

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Rakarth, Nov 26, 2008.

1. Rakarth New Member

I've been looking at the new Salavage Titan and the old (ish) Arcbound artifact creatures from Mirrodin. If I were to pay the alternate casting cost of Salvage Titan which is sacrifice three artifacts, and if these artifacts had the modular ability ( Modular 3 (This comes into play with three +1/+1 counters on it. When it's put into a graveyard, you may put its +1/+1 counters on target artifact creature.) ) would the Modular trigger go on the stack when it is sacrificed in order to pay the cost, and so would the Salvage Titan go on top of the triggered abilities?

What I'm asking is this, is there time in between the paying of costs for a spell in which an ability can go on the stack before the spell for which the cost is being payed? Logic says no but I'm hopeful :D

Rakarth
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Nope. the spell you are casting (Titan) would go on the stack and then triggered abilities would go on the stack (active player first).
    Abilities go on the stack when ever a player gains priority, no gaining of priority during the casting of a spell.
  3. Rakarth New Member

Yeh it's kind of what I though was going to happen. I suppose I was trying to get the abilities on first so all those counters would end up on Salvage Titan when he comes into play :D

Thanks