SsSsSsSsSsSNAKES!!!!!!!!

H

Homestar

hey all, i have been gettin way into snakes every since CHK was on the market. Heres what i have so far

Creatures:
2. Sosuke, son of seshiro
2. Sachi, Daughter of seshiro
2. Seshiro the annointed
2. Shisato, whispering hunter
4. Sakura Tribe Elder
3. Orochi Leafcaller
4. Kashi Tribe Reaver
2. Kashi-Tribe Warriors
4. Orochi Sustainer

Intstants/Sorceires:
4. Time of need

Artifacts/Enchantments:
1. Kusari-Gama
4. Lure
2. Orochi Hatchery
2. Nature's Will

Land:
20. Forest

I had to make a lot of sacrifices to make it down to 60 cards.......like i wanted junkyo bell and wear away, but there wasnt enuff room. im open for suggestions. thanks in advance

~Homestar

F

Force of Will Smith

If you want to keep it type 2, snake skin might be nice.

I havent really made a snake deck yet, but from what i can judge, you'd wand to run Orochi Eggwatcher, most likely 3-4 to pump out expendable snakes.
to work with your most powerful snake, shisato.

Heres the version i was considering running. i'd run licids, both luring and regenerating cause theyre just too good with snakes, as well as river boas for cheap regenerate, and 3 daughters
for insane mana, provided you have shamans.

4 Might of Oaks
4 Orochi Sustainer (Shaman Status)
4 River Boa

3 Orochi Eggwatcher (Shaman Status)
3 Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro (Shaman)
3 Shisato, Whispering Hunter
3 Sakura Tribe Elder (Shaman)
2 Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
2 Seshiro the Annointed
2 Kashi Tribe Reaver

3 Temping Licid
3 Nurturing Licid

2 Snake Basket
2 Orochi Hatchery

20 Forests

I would have liked to run 4 kodoma's Reach..
I would have liked to run 3 Orochi Ranger, and 2 Mastsu Tribe Decoy to force Disciples and such to block.

I wouldnt bother with the leafcaller,
or the kashi tribe warriors.

After a little testing... i made some changes.

-1 Snake Basket
+1 Orochi Hatchery
-2 Might of Oaks
+2 Alpha Status
-1 Whispering Hunter
+1 Kashi Tribe Reaver
-2 Seshiro
+3 Commune With Nature

You can run Baskets with hatchery, depends on if you need a constant flow of snakes and you want to pay more.

Oaks and Alpha is just preference.. you could really run anything.. maybe ferocious charge for scry.

2 Might of Oaks
2 Alpha Status
3 Nurturing Licid
3 Tempting Licid
4 River Boa
2 Shisatio
4 Eggwatcher
3 Commune With Nature
3 Orochi Hatchery
3 Kashi Tribe Reaver
2 Sosuke, Son of Seshiro

19 Forests

H

Homestar

well i was actually going on keeping this CHK block, sorry i didnt mention that erlier, cuz i want to play it in the tournament on friday. so, to my other deck, add

+2 Orochi Eggwatcher.

I like the base of my deck to rely on luring kashi tribe reaver (tho any good snake works she is just the best) and seshiro. but when i get the whole family out(sachi, sosuke, seshiro) then it gets crazy.

C

Captain Caveman

Alright, more Tribal stuff.

This is how I would build Snakes. Its just my take on the theme, your looks ok to me so this is just another idea.

2 Sosuke, Son of Seshiro
4 Orochi Ranger
4 Sakura-Tribe Elder
1 Shisato Whispering Hunter
4 Matsu-Tribe Decoy
2 Seshiro, the Anointed
3 Sachi, Daughter of Seshiro
4 Orochi Sustainer
4 Orochi Eggwatcher

3 Konda's Banner(probably important)
3 Orochi Hatchery
3 Time of Need

23 Forest

:)

H

Homestar

hmm that looks pretty good, but, i really like how seshiro works with some other lured snkae and natures will, it makes my snake population get very big very fast. what does kondas banner do again?, i fergot :(.

-2 kashi tribe warriors
-1 orochi leafcaller
+3 matsu-tribe decoy

howabout that? i hate the ranger.

F

Force of Will Smith

I played a few games against a Cosmic Larva deck and did better than i thought.

I lost the first game due to awful draws.
Then 2nd game we were both at 1 life, myself with 15 creatures, but he burned me to death.

I played against a blue/green arcane and snakes pounded the hell out of it every time. I also found the eggwatchers to be absolutely amazing.
I also almost never used the licids. Also being able to regenerate wasnt really an issue.

i found might of oaks is necessary.. plus if you want to make this type II, it would have to

-2 alpha status
+2 might of oaks
-3 Nurturing Licid
-3 Tempting Licid
-4 River Boa

leaving the following list + 10 open slots

4 Might of Oaks
4 ?
3 ?
3 ?
2 Shisatio, whispering hunter.
4 Eggwatcher
3 Commune With Nature
3 Orochi Hatchery
3 Kashi Tribe Reaver
2 Sosuke, Son of Seshiro

19 Forests

which i believe should be

3 tangle asp (for river boa)
4 Lure (for tempting licid
3 kodoma's Reach/Chrome Mox

Seeing as how you have 3 Tribe elders, Legend duplicates, and 4 Sustainers, chrome mox can feed a lot.

and getting a daughter out turn 2 would be amazing.

Konda's Banner would be amazing,
but only on legends. I'd really have to playtest to see.

Konda's Banner - 2
Legendary Artifact - Equipment
Can equip only a legendary creature.
Creatures that share a color with creature get +1/+1.
Creatures that share a creature type with creature get +1/+1.
Equip: 2

with say a daughter in play, snakes would have +2/+3, which is no coat of arms, but it only costs 2.

H

Homestar

hey where is the seshiro in that deck? and why only 19 land?i hate commune with nature, thats why i put in 4 time of need. why is eggwatcher so good? i only put t2 in but u guys are stressin over them, i guess i gotta playtest 4 of em in my deck. yeh i like how kondas banner worked.

Oooooh, and not that anyone should care but i got straight A's and am getting a CHK tournament pack box. maybesome of the cards i need will come in there...................

Also im tryin to help my friend out with some Zuberas, but he so thick headed its hard to get him to listen to me. i told him that death cloud might be a good idea but he didnt listen to me cuz he said there are better things, i suggestted plunge into darkness but he didnt like that either. his killer sare death pit offering and devouring greed. i liek death pit offering cuz if u have a healthy amount of zuberas out andf one green one, it could get crazy. he wanted soul foundry but i said no. of course he didnt listen to me....... wanna help me out? what would you guys put into zubera decks?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Homestar
Oooooh, and not that anyone should care but i got straight A's and am getting a CHK tournament pack box. maybesome of the cards i need will come in there...................
Congrats. :)

C

Captain Caveman

No Doubt,... thats more inportant than building any Magic deck., Unless your name is Garfield then doing something with cards was very important.

:)
:D
;)

H

Homestar

thanks guys:) , n e way, back to the zuberas,

helpm e out, i need a good zubera decklist, i completed my snkaes and now im finishin zuberas, ill post the decklist i got right now later, runnin outta time right now.

F

Force of Will Smith

Seshiro isnt in there because i actually don't have any. At first i was going to run him but i was hesitant about his 6 casting cost.
I always wanted to run snakes in this order
T1: Forest, Commune
T2: Forest, Orochi sustainer
T3: Forest, Daughter (play a sakura for GG)
T4: (10 mana if you play a forest, play a hatchery if you have it)

Time of need would mess up your tempo a little as well.. and i run 3 daughters.. which is the only card i really look for.. daughters and eggwatchers... whispering hunter is good but i usually kill with swarms and might of oaks.

i put commune so i can get the daughter, as well as sustainers..
sustainer hits, then i can play daughter, then its a mana explosion.. time of need costs 1 more and cant get me a non legend. Sometimes i just want a eggwatcher.. And watchers are amazing.. for making chump blockers, for amassing an army, and they become your win condition when she flips.. that and compared to every other token maker, shes easily the best

Theres thallids, elvish farmers... , and the following green generators.

Keeper of the Beasts GG, 1/2
G, T: Put a 2/2 green Beast creature token into play. Play this ability only if an opponent controls more creatures than you.

Master of the Hunt 2GG 2/2
2GG: Put a 1/1 green Wolves of the Hunt token into play.
That creature can bands with other Wolves of the Hunt.

Jungle Patrol 3G 3/2, Mirage Rare
1G, T: Put a 0/1 Wall token into play.
Sacrifice a token: Add R to your mana pool.

Spike Breeder 3G, 0/0
Comes into play with 3 +1/+1 counters on it.
2, Remove a +1/+1 counter : Put a +1/+1 counter on a creature.
2, Remove a +1/+1 counter : Put a 1/1 Spike token into play.

Squirrel Wrangler 2GG 2/2
1G, Sacrifice a land: Put 2 1/1 Squirrel tokens into play.
1G, Sacrifice a land: All Squirrels get +1/+1 until end of turn.

Nemata, Grove Guardian 4GG 4/5
2G: Put a 1/1 green Saproling creature token into play.
Sacrifice a Saproling: All Saprolings get +1/+1 until end of turn.

the creature that even comes close to the eggwatcher is

Wall of Kelp UU, Summon Wall 0/3, Homelands Rare
UU, T: Put a 0/1 blue Kelp creature token into play. This creature is a Wall.

The Egg watcher is 2G for a 1/1 instead of a 0/1, the ability may cost 2G,T. But the tokens are 1/1 instead of 0/1 and can attack.
Plus if you have 5 creatures and are about to activate a orochi hatchery for 5, you can sac a tribe elder to keep her from flipping. If she does flip. You can make a couple of attacks, sac some snakes, and play a normal watcher and keep a steady balance.

She rox :D

H

Homestar

yeh that sounds good, but what i have been doing works AWESOME, i won a tournament on tuesday with mine. i like kashi-tribe reaver lured. time of need helps me get the family out which makes everyone 10x a dangerous. in the final match of the tourney, my board looked like this

Ka****tribe reaver lured, sehsiro, sachi, sosuke, 2 sustainers, 1 leafcaller, 2 elders, natuers will, shisato, orochi hatechery with 11 counter son it, 1 flipped eggwatcher, kondas banner on seshiro, 2 matsu tribe decoy, but...........he had ensnaring bride out and he was playing mono green beacon, but i had enuff guys to block his insects from the hatchery, until i finally drew an oxize (cuz i sideboarded 4 in) kiled it then demolshed him. it was great

F

Force of Will Smith

Yeah i had no idea how amazing the tribe reavers are. 3 power kills many many fatties.

sweet.. all your snakes got +5/+5 eh? damn.

they just need a good one casting cost snake and an offensive 2 casting cost snake ( in place of river boa).

Do you find leafcallers are necessary? I could see them being "shamans" for extra mana. Never tried them in my deck.
Your basically paying G for a 1/1 snake shaman..

T1: Forest, leafcaller
T2: Forest, Sustainer
T3: Forest, tap daughter, then tap 2 shamans for GGGG.
T4: assuming you played a forest you'd have 10 mana here, hm.

I guess its good if you dont really want to block with your sustainer.

H

Homestar

heres how my first cpouple of turns go, this is what i hope for

T1:forest, leafcaller
T2:forest, sustainer
T3:Forest, tap daughter, tap the duaghter and leafcaller for sosuke
T4:forest, tap all forest and leafcaller for Seshiro

Thats like picture perfect right there

And for what u said in ur last post, "assuming a play a forest here i would have 10 mana" seshiro and kondas banner equipped to seshiro if i got a perfect hand.

H

Homestar

Heres is what im playin now, the deck isnt complete yet:

Creatures:
Jugan, The Rising Star
Matsu-Tribe Decoy x2
Orochi Sustainer x4
Sosuke, Son Of Seshiro x3
Kashi-Tribe REaver x3
Orochi Leafcaller x2
Sakura-Tribe Elder x4
Seshiro The Anointed x2
Orochi Ranger x3
Orochi Eggwatcher x2
Shisato Whispering Hunter
Sachi, Daughter Of Seshiro x2

Instants/Sorceires:
Time Of Need x4

Artifacts/Enchantments:
Natures Will
Konda's Banner (tryin to get 1 more)
Lure x2 (tryin to get 2 more)

Land:
Forest x20
Chrome Mox x2

Now it isnt finished yet but it does pretty good, i have won with this once.

F

Force of Will Smith

Jugan's good, but isn't he the white dragon?

Snakes are pretty potent on their own.
Time of need is good, but sometimes you just need eggwatchers or sustainers to win.

looks solid though.. snakes rok

T

train

If you're going to run creature enchantments, and you don't have to stay type 2 - venomous breath would be good to stick on a lured creature...

H

Homestar

well im stayin T2, and, i took this deck apart long ago, sucked in FNM, not really any fun to play anyway either.

if i wasnt in T2, Rancor would be my first choice anyway;)