Squirrels.dec!!!!

L

Lazaroth

Ok, with odyssey being here an all (well, thers a patch for it, thats good enough for me!) I decided to make a new squirrel deck, and here it is:

Squirrels!
34 Forest
1 Kaysa
3 Squirrel Wrangler
4 Squirrel Nest
4 Squirrel Mob
4 Nut Collector
2 Nantuko Shrine
4 Druid's Call
4 Deranged Hermit
4 Chatter of the Squirrel
4 Krosan Beast
2 Coat of Arms

it's a bit hard to find threshold until you get the squirrel wranglers out, due to there being only 4 sorcery in there, and those being taken out of the game half the time thanks to their great flashback cost, but it makes up for that with soooo many squirrels. In playtesting, I had 40 squirrels, with 2 deranged hermit and a Nut Collector out. To top it all off, I topdecked Coat of Arms!!! thats 40 44/44 squirrels!!!
EDIT: woops! I forgot to ask ppl to help me with it. all the help I really need is finding a way to get Threshold quicker, without adding cards that go "out of character"

M

Mikeymike

It might be too early to say, but from playing yesterday the best way to get threshold is to play non-flashback instants and sorceries.

My first suggestion would be to play Natural Order, nearly a staple for any big creature green deck. What makes Natural Order great is that it quickly gets 2 cards in your graveyard along with getting a fattie out.

Mana acceleration spells like Nature's Lore, Skyshroud Claim or Harrow would work nicely too. I would say run Nature's Lore (Ice Age common) as it comes out on turn 2.

Don't pay the Hermits upkeep unless you really need to. And I would replace chatter of the squirrel with Llanowar Elves, b/c you should always run elves and flashback doesn't work well with threshold.

I would probably also drop the Coat of Arms in favor of Overruns as it makes your non-squirrels good attackers, works better with threshold and gives trample.

Other cards that are threshold friendly:
Anvil of Bogardan
Memory Jar
Grafted Skullcap
Call of the Wild

Hope this helps.