Spidey? -- Where did they go?

D

DarthFerret

All of the articles are gone. I was trying to pull up an older one, and was unable to navigate to it. So then I tried to look at a current one, and it came up with a blank web page. Any clue as to what is going on here?

Tag Guard

turgy22

Nothing Special
It has to do with the front page problem. As far as I know, there hasn't been any word on whether it's going to be fixed.

Tag Guard

D

DarthFerret

But...but....but....I wanna see them!.....<sob>

Tag Guard

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Indeed, I don't know what's going on with the front page article/reply system. It's code that only Ed Sullivan can get to, and he said he'd look into it when he has a chance (which apparently hasn't happened yet). Sorry...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think it's a matter of spam filling up all the submission slots... just by my untrained eye. If it's cleared out, the system might work again...

T

train

Is there a list to the submission slots - and can't those spams be removed?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, actually, normally they CAN be removed from the article/reply queues, but I think the problem lies with the link submission page. Ed never put in a delete option for those links and there's a ton of links that should be deleted, probably a good 50+. I think that's what's causing the problem, without seeing the actual code.

And only Ed can clear it out or add a delete function since he's the only one with access to the code.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
All fixed now, and all the old stuff appears to be intact...We're good to go! :D

T

train

Did he mention if it was old code, or anything specific...

I mean - we get updated with new versions of VBulletin when they come out right?

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Not necessarily, but he did say he was thinking about installing a newer version...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, we're several versions behind, actually...

And he said it had to do with security settings with PHP and I guess the host server, not the spam after all...

T

train

security settings with PHP and the host server...

(begins curiously wondering...)