Spiderman

G

Gizmo

Please delete my account from the CPA. I`m physically sickened by the response of many of the people here to this tragedy and I have little desire to deal with them again.

Its a shame, I really liked this place.

Z

Zadok001

I refuse. Whether or not you remain, your account can. I will say this: Your response has been close to my own, and I cannot stand some of what I see here. It should be noted that at present, no one can be expected to react in a normal, logical manner.

This too, shall pass.

D

DÛke

...!? Nope...no such act will be taken. Who cares! Just leave the CPA! You might wanna come back...why delete your account? Plus, if you're gonna leave, you need to give me yer email address. Ironic. I know. I wouldn't ask for your email, but after the tragedy...you really did understand, so I guess you're a good friend to have after all. SORRY CPA, but it's true. He does understand. Why? He lives out side the U.S.. Tell me to shut up. IDGAF...

This is a sad...but I understand...

My email is at Xxhot4hotxX@Hotmail.com .

T

terzarima

Gizmo,

I know that we don't know each other very well, but deleting your account and abondoning a place such as this over some rash and ill thought posts? You're a voice of sanity amid the cries of the populus! You have to admit its a bit more disturbing when you live close or might be affected, and some people just take it to extremes. So please, stay and bear with us?

D

Duel

Gizmo, please, don't leave. You really have been the calm in the storm, and I'd hope that the people worth knowing make up for the jerks you'd rather never talk to.

I agree, some of what I've heard here has made me sick. But, I think in two weeks, this will be gone. This too, shall pass. Stay two weeks, and then see. Please.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Gizmo...
I agree whole-heartedly with 9/10ths of what Duke is saying.

Ive not seen any recent figures, but I`m willing to bet the US government is making $$$ from selling weapons.
Its certainly true that right now NOT ONE COUNTRY thinks the US is behaving in a reasonable manner in world politics. We here in the UK are probably your closest allies, and I almost certainly like Americans more than almost anybody else in England because I am good friends with so many. Im not bashing America for the fun of it, Im trying to WAKE YOU THE FUCK UP!

I`m not devaluing human life, or anything like that. This is a horrible tragedy, much like many of the other horrible tragedies that occur around the world on a regular basis. What I am concerned with is that the response of many Americans is not the response of a reasoned individual, but of a spoilt child who has been slapped for the first time. That response is certainly making it a lot harder for me to feel sympathy for you.
...and thank you SO much for the wake up call...:mad:

Z

Zadok001

I hate to say this now, but he's right, TomB. He's right.

D

DÛke

...please try to understand. He didn't say anything wrong, and if you think he did...pretend it's just his personal opinion.

Gizmo, you can't go.

H

Hetemti

If you are going to leave the CPA, at least do it over something Magic-related...it's kinda like quitting a high-paying job because a souflette fell, or selling your car because someone put gum in the ashtray that you never used.

L

Lotus Mox

Actually I also played with the thought of leaving the baord when I read some responses to DÛKe's feelings about this whole mess, which I in most parts share.

When I see how sheepishly you follow your leader it makes me puke. We in Germany learned our lesson, it's about time you learn it too :mad:

It's hard to piss me off, but you did succeed, and I won't leave, although I've lost any respect I had for several ppl now. >:|

If Gizmo doesn't want to come back, it's okay I understand his decision, but I think he's a great magician and it'd be a great loss if he really goes :(

D

Darsh

I just popped in for a visit, keep in mind that I have no read every other thread on this topic.

I'll admit that when I first heard of this tradegy I was stunned...and more than slightly pissed off, at that time I would have been happy if they had bombed the whole country that harbored these terroists. But when I had cooled off a little I decreased the scope of my hatred to the people who commited and planned these attacks...that is until I took the time to look around at the other students in my class...that's when I about snapped. The majority of them were still in my first reaction, and so far they have not stopped thinking that, but what infuriated me was the people who showed no emotion, even worse the ones who didn't even care...not until the principle of the school ordered everyone to resume normal class, then they decided to get angry...angry because they couldn't just sit and watch tv instead of doing work...words cannot describe what I felt then.

From talking with people I've come to realize that the majority of them do not have any idea about US World Politics, not a big surprise there, but still it's a fact. Very few seem to understand why these attacks happened, why someone would want to do this, this is a sad state of affairs.

Killing innocents is never acceptable, killing anyone is not acceptable, but sometimes it become necessary, death to a few to protect the many...forgive me if this seems like rambling, it's difficult to put what I feel into words...

G

Griffith_se

OK, put the shoe on the other foot. The IRA flies a 747 into down town Manchester.

Now he comes here and posts, G D Irish bastards, kill'em all.

And I absolutely believe that would be his reaction We've all seen how
he goes off when someone disagrees with him or contradicts him.
He resort to name calling in a half a heart beat.

What do you say to him?

-It's your own fault you keep pissing on the IRA and...... blah blah blah
You where asking for it.

-Your just acting like a spoilt child being slapped for the first time.

- The British have been paying to have Irish people killed for 30 years.

You get it, that's what he's been saying to us, he has not uttered one single
word of support.

Ask yourself, would you say these kinds of thing to him? I doubt it.

Some of you claim you are enlightened, and worldly
think about this. Is this how you would comfort a friend. I don't think so.
My God, if you can't understand this then I don't know what else to say to you. We've just had our
guts ripped out, and all we get is criticized for being angry?

Is there no sympathy for innocent dead? Among them British, German, Japanese, Korean, the list goes on and on.

Who are the blind ones? Good God almighty.

This all I have left, I'm sick too, what ever, I
can't take this anymore.

L

linsivvi

I certainly believe that not many americans are going to react logically to this incident for a while, and that makes some of the things they say very aggrivating, but what gets me the most is the "kill all the palestinians" kind of posts, i mean come on, if thats what you think, you are no better than the ones who did this. That doesn't mean don't punish the ones responsible, it means don't go in and kill innocent people because they might have the same ethnic background as someone who might have done this.

G

Gerode

This message needs to go out to everyone:

Slow down, calm down. Vent your frustration, but not in a way that inadvertantly pisses other people off. We do not need to be torn apart by this issue. Arguments happen in any group of people occasionally.

A

arhar

Originally posted by Griffith_se
OK, put the shoe on the other foot. The IRA flies a 747 into down town Manchester.

Now he comes here and posts, G D Irish bastards, kill'em all.

And I absolutely believe that would be his reaction We've all seen how
he goes off when someone disagrees with him or contradicts him.
He resort to name calling in a half a heart beat.

What do you say to him?

-It's your own fault you keep pissing on the IRA and...... blah blah blah
You where asking for it.

-Your just acting like a spoilt child being slapped for the first time.

- The British have been paying to have Irish people killed for 30 years.

You get it, that's what he's been saying to us, he has not uttered one single
word of support.

Ask yourself, would you say these kinds of thing to him? I doubt it.

Some of you claim you are enlightened, and worldly
think about this. Is this how you would comfort a friend. I don't think so.
My God, if you can't understand this then I don't know what else to say to you. We've just had our
guts ripped out, and all we get is criticized for being angry?

Is there no sympathy for innocent dead? Among them British, German, Japanese, Korean, the list goes on and on.

Who are the blind ones? Good God almighty.

This all I have left, I'm sick too, what ever, I
can't take this anymore.
DITTO!!!!

G

Griffith_se

Have you ever seen someone grieving over a loved one blame God, blame the Doctors, blame everyone?

Did you slap that person and tell them to quit acting like a baby? Did you tell that person, that
there loved one deserved to die because they
smoked cigarettes.

Of course not.

A

arhar

I'm sorry, but I'm not sad to read this. After reading some of the things he posted, I feel like puking.. We deserved this, we paid Irish to kill British for 30 years... yeah, whatever! Good riddance.

G

Griffith_se

And one more thing, if what I write sickens you,
then I'm happy to disapoint you.

Thats it. I'm done now.

My gut's been in knots for three days now I've got
to get away from here for a while.

I shall return.

A

Apollo

I'm afraid I am absolutely with Griffith.

Gizmo knows you aren't going to get rid of his account. If he was truly interested in leaving, he'd be smart enough to just leave. For some stupid reason, he is intent on stirring us up. Since this happened, he has done nothing but antagonize, provoke, and insult. When people make valid points in response to him, he doesn't bother to respond; he just goes off on a different tangent and throws out another insult. Now he's just telling us that he's leaving in order to provoke us some more.

Duel called him the "calm in the storm". Look at his posts. He has done as much to cause the storm as anyone.

If something like this did happen to him, I'm absolutely sure he'd be reacting the same way. Heck, he's blown his stack on this site more than anybody else, and for very trivial reasons; I know how he'd react to something real. But when he went off on here, would you be insulting him, blaming it on his country, and calling him names? Or would you support him somewhat?

His reaction hasn't been of a supportive friend, or even associate. He's trying to kick us while we're down. He never posted anything negative about the U.S. till something bad happened, and we were all stirred up anyway.

He's talked about eating popcorn while watching the towers fall. He talked about his dad dancing gleefully. He called people pricks when they were understandably mad, instead of consoling them. He said he wished more would have happened, just so he could say he saw it. He's called us sheep, spoiled children, implied the attacks were justified, and now says we sicken him.

I haven't the slightest idea why, but it's quite obvious to me that his goal is just to provoke us. For someone that is "sickened" by our response, he has been more immature and childish than any of us.

L

Lotus Mox

WOW that was sickening:

I was in #apprentice and the talk is about an arabic kid in school which were tied up and got pinned in the forehead with a note: "I'm a bastard murderer", and the talk about burning up Mosquee's when I say that they are just sucky fanatic bastards as the terrorists are: I get banned from the channel, and I won't go back there for a while anyway.

:mad:

I'm happy that there's a place like the CPA where most ppl are not that retarded. :)