Speed Red

R

rokapoke

I figured that while I was posting decks, I may as well post one or two of my non-blue favorites. This is an all-red deck designed to win the race. Generally speaking, this can't survive long-term, but in a 10-12 turn game, I have a great shot at coming out on top.

As far as card selection, I have not looked at putting anything newer than 5th Dawn into this deck. I haven't even seen anything since Guildpact, I think.

Land:
22x Mountain

Artifacts:
2x Whispersilk Cloak (nothing like unblockable critters for damaging one's opponent)
4x Oxidda Golem (free? really?)

Creatures:
4x Slith Firewalker (turn 2 and turn 3 makes for an uncomfortable opponent, methinks)
1x Blistering Firecat (it's the only one I have)
2x War Elemental (I spend all day damaging my opponent, so I may as well get something for my trouble)

Cheese -- I mean, Spells:
2x Savage Beating (anybody remember that show Dinosaurs? "Again, again!")
2x Flamebreak (when you really need that reset button)
1x Pulse of the Forge (sometimes my opponent damages me, too)
1x Hammer of Bogarden (often a late-game savior)
4x Shock (I didn't have the heart to put my Lightning Bolts in here...)
4x Magma Jet (as far as I'm concerned, Scry is underrated, particularly with burn)
4x Incinerate
2x Barbed Lightning
3x Beacon of Destruction
2x Fireball (when one just isn't enough)

38 Spells, 22 Lands.

B

Budget Player Cadet

I don't have the cash to put lightning bolts in my deck. Try Fireblast out, it is the perfect finisher. I remember going down to eight life often against my friends goblin deck. He was tapped out and grinning, and I knew I was going to die to two fireblasts.