Something Something Eternal Masters

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well, I know I was running the Innistrad Pack Wars game and it went on hiatus. I just got a bunch of Eternal Masters packs (the day before the set officially releases, probably due to an oversight with the store where I ordered them, but I'm not complaining). I thought it would be fun to do something with them, although I have no idea what. Anyone interested in this? We could do Sealed, Draft, or Rochester draft or something. More pack wars? Mindmaster? I don't know...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm, I have an idea. I don't think it's a thing, as I made it up just now, although surely others have done something like this. We could do a sort of mega Sealed Deck, where each person gets as a pool, one entire booster box. For this set, that's 24 packs. That's a lot to work with, and it should have less variance than traditional six-pack Sealed Deck. Also, I have four boxes (so this would only work with a maximum of four people, although right now only three have spoken up), and I have to do something with them...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hm. I'm actually not too enthusiastic about that since that's a lot of cards to go through. I'll do it if you guys want to, but my preference would still be a draft or something to keep the card pool small :)

But damn, four booster boxes? You must have really wanted these cards :)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
4 Boxes? Aren't those things over $200 a box?

Sealed deck at the GP for Eternal masters was 6 packs ( I know I made a few hundred of them)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Hm. I'm actually not too enthusiastic about that since that's a lot of cards to go through. I'll do it if you guys want to, but my preference would still be a draft or something to keep the card pool small :)
I didn't think about the aspect that it might be overwhelming. But yeah, it also means fewer of the cards could actually get played, so it's probably not a great idea for this.

4 Boxes? Aren't those things over $200 a box?
Well, they certainly are now. I preordered a couple early and wasn't sure that I'd actually get them, so later on I preordered them from a place where I shop regularly. Turned out that the original boxes I ordered did indeed arrive, and actually they arrived at my door the day before the set was officially released. Don't know what was going on with those guys, but it's cool with me.

I usually order two boxes of a new Magic set, which was my original intention with this one.

Sealed deck at the GP for Eternal masters was 6 packs ( I know I made a few hundred of them)
I think six packs has been the default for Sealed Deck ever since they stopped making tournament packs (aka starter decks).

Anyway, we don't have enough people for a traditional booster draft, but there are options for drafting with fewer people. And there's Sealed Deck. And Pack Wars. That's all I can think of right now. Really, we don't have to pick just one. Like I said, four boxes to go through...