Soldier Deck (plz reply quickly)

H

Homestar

Hey all, i got this weird feeling and it made me wanna make a soldier deck. i have a list of cards i plan on ordering but i dont kno if they are good or not. this is what my deck is so far:

Creatures:
Daru Warcheif x4
Enlistment Officer x4
Daru Cavalier x4
Daru Lancer x2
Infantry Veteran x4
Longbow Archer x2
Catapult Master
Pearlspear courier x2

Instant's/Sorceries:
Raise The Alarm x4

Enchantments:
Mobilization
Archery Training x2

Land:
Daru Encampment x2
Plains x18

Now this is a deck that i want to make. i got the green light to order the cards and those are the cards i looked up and thought were good. Is there anything i should take out or switch with something else?

M

mythosx

4x glorious anthems

You might want to convert some of the more expensive soldiers with cheaper ones like w or w1 casting cost for the rush. Unified strike was a mother.... Master decoy is helpful also.

H

Homestar

Creatures:
Daru Warcheif x4
Enlistment Officer x4
Daru Cavalier x3
Infantry Veteran x4
Longbow Archer x4
Pearlspear courier
Master Decoy x2

Instants/Sorceries:
Raise The Alarm x4
Unified Strike x4

Enchantments:
Archery Training x2
Mobilization
Glorious Anthem x3 (i only own 3 so....)

Land:
Daru Encampment x2
Plains x22

C

chocobo_cid

You can't go wrong with Daru Stinger. It works great with Daru Encampment.

H

Homestar

umm wow. i think someone needs to refresh your memory on those cards. cuz those dont have anything to do with each other.

Daru Stinger 3W
Soldier
Amplify 1
T:deal X damage to target attacking or blocking creature where X the number of +1/+1 counters on Daru Stinger.

Daru Encampment
Land

T:add 1 mana to your mana pool
W,T:target soldier gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.

soo yea, those have no synergy at all. the encampment doesnt make +1/+1 counters.

M

mythosx

Originally posted by Homestar
umm wow. i think someone needs to refresh your memory on those cards. cuz those dont have anything to do with each other.

Daru Stinger 3W
Soldier
Amplify 1
T:deal X damage to target attacking or blocking creature where X the number of +1/+1 counters on Daru Stinger.

Daru Encampment
Land

T:add 1 mana to your mana pool
W,T:target soldier gets +1/+1 until the end of turn.

soo yea, those have no synergy at all. the encampment doesnt make +1/+1 counters.
Dang homestar...you called him on it. But i think you need to wait to see if he made a typing error...He might be thinking of something else. I make em all the time

O

orgg

Good Catch, Homestar.

I guess you printed off the rules, huh?

T

Tabasco

Kjeldoran Outpost.....unless this is block constucted or T2......old school tech.

Kjeldoran Outpost
Land
CIP: sac. a plains, or bury K.O.
Tap: add W to your mana pool
1W, Tap: put a 1/1 white Soldier creature token into play.

It does Mobilization's job a little bit more efficiently, and of course adds mana.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, Outpost is awesome...

I'd also go with some countermagic and reset buttons and, oops, wrong deck...

H

Homestar

yea i kno what the outpost is, i have 2 of them. i guess i lost it or forgot about it until u mentioned it.

H

Homestar

yes surprisingly. my friend has been playing for like, way long since alpha beta unlimited but he doesnt play anymore so he sold me his cards and he had 2 of them. thats also where i got my triskelion and kamahl fist of krosa and some other awesome stuff. this was juss recently. but, why, should i not have outposts? is that a bad thing?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It's a very good old card and somewhat valuable...

I think they're going for as much as $10.00 in some places but I don't know anything about prices really...

M

mythosx

Kjeldoran out post more efficient than Mobilization????? What? First off you miss a land drop for just laying the thing down. Second, you still tap 3 lands to put out a soldier, Lastly, you can only use it once per turn. The only thing it gives you over Mobilization is that it is a land and can't be destroyed as easily.

T

train

the reason I asked - is you mentioned being a newbie, and are still building up your collection through small purchases... I didn't think you'd have cards such as those for those reasons...

but no - they're good to have, and you're lucky to have someone sell you a collection with cards like that in there...;) :cool:

H

Homestar

yea it was pretty convenient lol. i also snagged an alexi's cloak which i think is pretty awesome.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I like Diplomatic Immunity better than that one...

You do not miss a land drop for playing Post. You use one up by playing it and yes, you also lose a Plains. What you did not add is that Mobilization costs mana, while Post doesn't, which is important where tempo is concerned. And Mobilization's ability does cost more. You may or may not have to "tap three lands" to use either one. Also Post does tap for mana, rather than costing mana...

If you'd want to argue that Mobilization is better, which I don't think it is, then the one thing you should try to press is the fact that it has that extra ability of soldiers not tapping to attack...

T

train

considering current builds of mine (wake for example) I like Mobilization - for more control type builds - I like the post...

;)