Sliver Decks

B

bryson430

Just bought one of the precontructed sliver decks from Legions (I know, I'm an idiot...) and thought I'd mutilate it until I got a reasonable deck out of it. (4 Pacifisms, though, which will come in useful elsewhere..)

So: A sliver deck. Green (for Brood Sliver and Explosive Vegitation/Harrow) White (For Essence Sliver and utility) and one other colour...

What should the other colour be? Why?
Name cards I need...

N

Nightstalkers

you can go either blue or black...

Black gives you the regeneration for the critters as well as the spirit trait.

Blue... well, um, "slivers can only be blocked by slivers"!!! unblockable slivers!!!

whatcha doing reading this!!!! go get some blue and black slivers!!!

I

Istanbul

White has two good slivers (Essence, Ward).
Blue has two good slivers (Shifting, Synapse).
Black has three good slivers (Crypt, Spectral, Toxin).
Red has two good slivers (Blade, Magma).
Green has one good sliver (Brood).

Build accordingly. I happen to favor...of all things...a black/white build that sports three Polluted Deltas and two Flooded Strands to find some Islands; Shifting Sliver can turn a creature standoff into a losing proposition for your opponent in the blink of an eye.

C

Captain Caveman

You might try something along the line of what Istanbul suggested.

B/W/splash(block version,... rare heavy)

4 Toxin
4 Spectral
4 Crypt
4 Plated
4 Essence
3 Ward

4 Smother
4 Shared Triumph

plus the splash w/sac. lands

B

bryson430

It's suddenly occured to me that this is going to be my first ever type-2 legal deck...so type 2 suggestions only from now on, ta.

I reckon Blue/Green/White (Shifting sliver swung it) Brood sliver is just too good to pass up, and I quite like Quick sliver as a 2-drop. Essence sliver is just naughty.

I played the deck "as is" recently, and I think I'm just going to go lotsa slivers + utility (I was dying for a disenchant or naturalize) Tribal Unity will probably stay, as will Explosive Vegitation

So: What utility shall I put in? I'm a bit hazy on type 2 removal these days...

N

Nightstalkers

Hmm... what sets are legal in type 2 at this time???

B

bryson430

From CrystalKeep (thanks!)

"Legal Card Sets
Decks can be composed of cards from the current edition plus the two most recent "blocks" of expansion sets. This currently means Seventh Edition plus Odyssey/Torment/Judgment and Onslaught/Legions and . "

T

train

Chain of acid...

none of your slivers could ever be targeted... simply beautiful...

N

Nightstalkers

Odyssey has almost nothing for you to use... try Torment if your going black. and white cards are in Judgement... we can't tell you anything else than that.

CHAOS BE WITH YE

B

bryson430

Criticise at will...if the quantities seem odd, it's probably because of what I actually have....

W/G/U Sliverstuff (Type 2)

Critters:
1 Essence Sliver
1 Root Sliver
1 Brood Sliver
3 Ward Sliver
3 Shifting Sliver
3 Mistform Dreamer
4 Quick Sliver
4 Plated Sliver

Make the bad things go away:
2 Oblation
2 Chain Of Acid
2 Naturalize
1 Wrath Of God
2 Choking Tethers

Boostage:
3 Tribal Unity
2 Coat Of Arms

General Buggering About:
2 Explosive Vegitation

Real Estate:
2 Tranquil thicket
2 Lonely Sandbar
4 Secluded Steppe
5 Island
5 Plains
6 Forest

E

EricBess

Here's a radical idea I've been kicking around -

First, blue has a lot more Slivers than 3, they just start out as Illusions. Take that last deck and drop in Imagecrafter and Riptide Mangler.

Now, suppose you have 3 Slivers and a Coat of Arms in play. Each Sliver has +2/+2, but you also have a 0/3 Mangler and a Imagecrafter in play.

Activate Imagecrafter, turning the Mangler into a 3/6 Sliver. Pay 1U to lock in the power. When the Imagecrafter's ability wears off, it reverts to a 3/3 non-sliver. Next time you activate the Imagecrafter, 6/6 Sliver. Wash, rinse, repeat.

With the Shifting Slivers, Mangler should be a wrecking in no time...

T

Tabasco

You have enough dual lands and search lands out ther to make it work pick your main, somewhat main color and start uling off from there you could always base from black and use the tainted lands.

or you could use pain and/or search lands!! IDK im not real good with the mana pool confiuration for more than 3 colors, but I'm sure with the knowledge flowing through this site they can al help.

-Tabasco

T

train

7 Swamps
4 Tainted Wood
3 Tained Isle
4 Tainted Field(?)
2 Forest
2 Plains
1 Island

Critters:
2 Essence Sliver
1 Root Sliver
4 Brood Sliver
3 Ward Sliver
3 Shifting Sliver
3 Mistform Dreamer
4 Quick Sliver
4 Plated Sliver
2 Synapse Sliver

Make the bad things go away:
4 Chain Of Acid
4 Harsh Mercy
2 Pernicious Deed

Boostage:
2 Coat Of Arms

N

Notepad

Five colors is too much of a chore. You spend too much of your deck on mana fixer cards, and get pummeled like a geseki. Just pick two colors and go with it. Hint: Just uses some Tempest block slivers to fill in the games. Screw Type II, just play extended to get access to the other guys.

I have an article in the workd for next week on a two-color sliver deck which I really like. Stay tuned. And until then, don't Bogart the Ramen noodles!

N

Nightstalkers

your a saver Sefro! one of these days you'll get an honorary Nightstalker award... if we can find them

N

Notepad

Originally posted by Nightstalkers
your a saver Sefro!
Do not praise me. I do what I can for the ramen noodles, for if I am not the one who goes out and protects them...who will do so?

*hears the blowing wind*...

Poor noodles, I must keep the pigs away from them.

-SeFRo