Skyship Weatherlight?

R

Rooser

Yeah, so the one time I played with this card it was in a highlander tournament where I used it to tutor for my Planar Portal.

It's a terrible card, I know, but really, we are capable of better than that. I can't think of much to do with the card, but I can at least run over the facts and see where you guys take it from there.

1. It can be an 8 colorles tutor for any creature or artifact. Not awesome, but not useless.

2. It can act as deck thinning - perhaps you had no intentions of activating it, you just wanted to clear a bunch of chaff out of your deck?

3. It can tutor up all copies of something, thereby allowing you to access replacements when you want. (I'm thinking something like
Tangle Wire or Arcanis).

4. It can act like a second library. An aggro deck could tutor up all of it's threats and then just use it to draw a threat per turn.

I know this card is so bad, but with some work we can turn it to gold, or at least copper.

N

Nightstalkers

I just like it because of the artwork, not to mention the alternative artwork.

M

Mikeymike

I still hate the card, but lets try to work with it.

I'd consider running 4x Leonin Abunas for a few reasons.
1) You do not want this thing Disenchanted.
2) You are likely running artifacts as well, so the Abunas pulls double duty.
3) It can be fetched by the Skyship

Ivory Tower can be interesting, b/c it is cheap and cumulative.

It might have use in a green/artifact deck with lots of mana and big fatties. You build up your mana base, pull some fatties with this and start casting. Maybe Quicksilver Amulet so you can do everything at instant speed?

Ah, that's all I got.

R

Rooser

Hey, this thing can combo with Charbelcher if you play with only artifact lands.

Ta-Da! I came up with a playable use.

Too bad none of us want to build that deck.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I always used Mangara's Tome in my highlander decks. It doesn't do all the same things that Skyship Weatherlight can, obviously. But I consider it a better card...

M

Mikeymike

Dammit Rooser, you killed this forum with your blasted Skyship Weatherlight thread!

:D

R

Rooser

It certainly looks that way. If only we had known in the heyday of IPA that Skyship Weatherlight had such destructive powers.

F

Force of Will Smith

I dunno, it costs 4, but if you use it to remove artifact lands, its essentially the same thing as a mana severance, and can fit in any color. You won't really have to bother with it after that so the 4 to bring one out means nothing.

D

DarthFerret

I actually used to use the Skyship Weatherlight in a five color deck that relied heavily on mana-artifacts, like the diamonds (including mox diamond) and the cameos. It was great, plus I could always dig up an Icy Manipulator, or my Forcefield. This deck was designed around Mana Barbs, so I needed all the artifact mana I could get, and this helped me immensely. Not to mention (although I have not done it myself yet) the ability to gather up artifact creatures, then Pull up a Wrath of God, and watch everyone suffer as you put out at least one creature a turn (or with voltaic key, more than one).

F

Force of Will Smith

Weatherlight AND manabarbs??
man... 2 cards no one uses in a deck, you should totally post it.
I still think charbelcher would be awesome too :D

F

Force of Will Smith

Creatureless decks are some of my favorites..
Sometimes it's easier to plan to fight against a creature deck than actually supply one..

Reins of power can win you games. :D