skittering skirge

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by immortal grave walker, Aug 16, 2000.

1. skirge reads
    Flying
    When you successully cast a creature spell,sacrifice skittering skirge.

My question is if I have the skirge in play, then cast another creature when do i have to sac the skirge? Does the other creature come all the way in play,then I sac the skirge? Or do i have to sac the skirge before the other creature comes into play.
  2. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

When you play the Creature from your hand, weather it get's countered or not, is when the creature must be saceraficed.
  3. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Tag Guard

if it is countered it was never successfully cast so you wouldn't have to sac it in that case
  4. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

All things that read 'successfully cast' were errataed to 'play' with the release of 6th rules... So yes, you have to sack the Skirge even if the creature if countered.
  5. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

I remember there being an Erret that card saying "successfully cast" ment you played it from your hand. Remember, Urza's Saga came out with 5th edition rules.
  6. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

Ooo, double post.
  7. nodnarb24 Supreme Overlord/The Rat King

Tag Guard

I just checked the rulings and you two are right
  8. does this mean If I cast a creature like (phyrexian broodlings) and the skirge is in play can I sac the skirge to the broodlings before i have to sac the skirge?
  9. Hawaiian mage CPA symbiod

No. Let some one else explain, I'm Quashing Qashes that are Quashing my Quashes in the battle arena.
  10. BigBlue Magic Jones

The sac of the skirge is triggered by the announcement of the creature spell, and as such you sacrifice the skirge before the new creature comes into play. It is also true that if the creature is countered you still sac the skirge which makes it somewhat weaker.

What do you expect for BB?
  11. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

A 3/2 flyer.