<sigh> Bad news for me....

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is more of a "vent" but you can reply if you want to...

My brother called last night with some good news and bad news.

Good news: He finally got married (and eloped in Las Vegas) :D

Bad news: He found out Monday he has Hodgkins disease.

He doesn't know what stage it's at; he finding that out next week. So right now we're just hoping and praying. He's a year and a half younger than me which really sucks; well, it sucks no matter what. So I might periodically write to this thread to vent some feelings or whatever, you don't have to click it if you don't want to (now that you know what it's about).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mutani: Coincidently, that's the same site my wife and I found after hanging up with my brother. :D Believe me, we've got it bookmarked. Thanks a bunch.

F

fuzzy510

Don't distress, man. My boss and very close friend was diagnosed with Hodgkin's about three years ago. He's still my boss and close friend. Don't fret.

C

Chaos Turtle

Sorry about your distressing news. Hopefully, it is early enough that treatment will be effective. My own mother successfully recovered from another type of cancer, though my grandmother was not as fortunate, so I kind of know how you're feeling.

Best of luck to your brother and your family.

A

Apollo

Sorry to hear that, Spidey. Best of luck to you and your brother.

N

Neo_Keo

Spidey I wish you and your brother the best of luck.

Neokeo

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
fuzzy: Yeah, depending on what stage my brother's at, the survival rate could be for a relatively long time. He's going tomorrow I believe for tests to find out more.

Isty: You didn't check the link Multani provided? Basically it's lymph node cancer.

T

TURD CUTTER!!!

You shouldn't be happy about this, but don't be too sad. Probly the best thing that you can do for him is do something to cheer him up.

My best wishes for your brother.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
My sister got diagnosed with MS just last year. Hopefully they caught it early enough so that your brother's prognosis will be good. Good luck man.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I talked to my bro last night and he had gone in for a "consulting" type thing. He has to have some tests done like a bone marrow extract (owwww!) to see what stage it's in, but they think it's in stage 1 or 2 (the "good" stages). The doctor already thinks it's gonna be 6 months of chemo. My bro and wife are looking for a second opinion but are preparing for that eventuality. He seems excited about going bald; apparently he wanted to before but his wife wouldn't let him :)

So I should know more when they do, probably in a couple of weeks.

T

Turtlewax Joe

I know you and I haven't really got along since I earased your edit in the 'worste artist' thread.

But I feel for you. My aunt had lung cancer and it spread to her lymphnodes(sp?) she survived surgery and is surviving on one lung just fine!

My solace goes out to your family...