Should Rasko get Mod status?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's great to see such enthusiasm and I don't want to sink your boat, but it's probably a matter for the current admins to decide (and which I've already brought up to them). :)

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Oh well, I still vote yes.
If he wants it, that is.

R

Rando

Has anyone actually contacted him?

And what of my Type I forum idea?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know, no one's contacted him to be a mod of a Type 1 forum since it wouldn't do any good if he can't be a mod in the first place. Someone could contact him just to be the leader of Type 1 talk though.

I don't know what's up with the forum, I still get the feeling from the others that more Type 1 talk is needed before dedicating a forum to it. Can you bring over some BD or Type 1 folks to help you out?

R

Rando

Well, I wrote a stirring 3 page oratory about how they should all rally to the cause and join with us in a holy union and blah blah blah...but I can't post to BD, so it was wasted.

If someone else with a posting acount over there would like to make a "Come to the CPA" post, then go for it.

I do know that rkoelsch posted to one thread, but making our own thread over there may be a good idea.

On the same note, what if we went to every Type I forum and trid to recruit? This would get better results, though, if we knew wether or not Rakso was in on the deal.

I'll e-mail him with a link to this thread.

R

rakso

Sorry... we had to lock down BD because the software is so primitive there's no other way to keep out spammers.

I've always been here for the past few years... what's up? :)

R

Rando

OK, we're thinking that (ok, I'M thinking that) it might be a good way to draw some attention and support to this site by gathering up some of the orphins the closing of BD will/has created.

Also, since casual play and type I are closely related, at least to most people, I thought it might be a good idea to have a forum here dedicated to Type I.

The question was, would you be interested in moderating such a forum, if it existed?

R

rakso

Me?

...or the guy named rasko being talked about in this thread. :p

R

Rando

That would be you. I've never figured out why almost everybody screws up your name.

M

Mikeymike

Rasko flows off the tongue, while Rakso's pronunciation sounds like a He-Man character (no offense). The average American brain (including mine) sees the collection of letters and simply wants to Rasko because the 'sko' is more common and comfortable.

Well that's my theory at least, back to my cave.

Spidey, definitely correct the title.

T

theorgg

Am I the only person who actually LIKES the wraspy way that "RAKSO" flows from the tougue? WRACK SO! It does indeed sound like a He-Man character, one with metallic hands that can lock over someone's wrists, and boots that have little hooks for the feet, and one of those extend-0 type of bodies that can streach the figure captured...

and because of the picture on stacitygames, a turban. Over a dull-brown(tea looking) plastic figure.

But I'm weird like that...

R

rakso

Originally posted by Mikeymike
Rasko flows off the tongue, while Rakso's pronunciation sounds like a He-Man character (no offense). The average American brain (including mine) sees the collection of letters and simply wants to Rasko because the 'sko' is more common and comfortable.
You are a pox on my Oriental ears.

Anyway, I'm not sure what you guys really want, but just say where and I'll be there I suppose. :)

M

Mikeymike

From Rakso
You are a pox on my Oriental ears.
Seriously, I hope you didn't take offense to that - that was not my intention :( . I was just trying to put some reason behind why everyone seem's to flub your name.
From theorgg
and one of those extend-0 type of bodies that can streach the figure captured...
Freaky, I was imagining the same type of character.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
That went by a little quick there, Rando. We're actually still discussing the possibility of divvying up the forums into Type1, Type2, Extended, etc. And as a part of that, if that's the direction we go in, I think we'd have no problem with rakso as a Mod, though there are others here at least as deserving of the offer as he is, I think.

Honestly though, I don't really see why we'd need more Mods right now. I mean, as Mods all we really do is edit out profanity and move threads to the proper forums - we don't "hold court" in specific forums any more than anyone else does. I'm sure that if you posted a thread about an interesting T1 subject in the existing forums you'd get a response from someone like rakso - what more are you really looking for here?

Ahh, yes, the orphaned BD people. Well, I would think that most of them know about us from rakso already, so they pretty much already know what they'd be getting into here. Telling them that we've created a new T1 only forum just for them might incline them to post here themselves, I guess, but they haven't exactly been knocking on our door up till now.

Frankly, I think we'd need to see a lot more T1 talk around the forums before we could get serious about separating things into "Types" like that.

R

Rando

I was confused as to the intent of this thread...(since it was posted right after my similar thread below)...and jumped the gun.

I think I'm going to retire from CPA politics. I suck at it anyway.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Just try to read between the lines of what I wrote and think about what you'd need to do to make it happen.

Never mind. I'll spell it out. This place is a reflection of the interests of the people that come here. Plain and simple. No one is sitting here deciding what the group will be posting about, or deleting topical threads because they don't want to see people talking about a certain subject.

We are, what you all post about. It defines us.

If a few of our members, old or new, decided to start posting about, say, Type 1, and a few others decided to chime in with their opinions about it, and pretty soon whole forums were taken over by it, we'd need to do something about it, wouldn't we?

That's what we did with the political talk in the Off-Topic forum, didn't we? We did it with the Gaming forum too, though I think that was largely unnecessary. Still, speaking of the Gaming thing, the main reason we were talking about converting to a General Gaming site from a Magic-only site was because nobody was really talking about Magic, while we had plenty of talk about other games.

We are, what you all post about. It defines us.

So if you think we should be a site about Magic, and if you have an interest in, say, Type 1, please post something interesting about it. See if you can't generate a few replies about it, and keep the ball rolling. See if that can happen a few times, then a few times more.

We'll take it from there...:D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I totally agree. I don't wanna see a forum built and still lay fallow for lack of participants (the Gaming seems to have done that; I probably jumped the gun on that one).

Just more talk about Magic!