Shiny Cards!!!

B

busyguy31

Hello, am I the only person that is not impressed with a card if it is shiny... If the card is useless and shiny.. guesse what it's still useless.. Is magic coing the way of the Pokeymann player???? Please let me know that I am not alone and that magic isn't de-evolving.. I've faithfully played since revised... aaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!

T

theorgg

YAAaaaaaay!

somone else thinks the same way I do.

sorry for that offer on e-mail, I have gotten two discs for foils, so I was hoping I could get a dual land for some.
oh well...

but I agree. foil sucks.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

S

Shadowfire

What da ya mean foils suck. Make great trades to get good playable cards dont they?

(evil grin)

T

theorgg

If you find somone who wants the damn things.

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

S

Shadowfire

Orgg you want to get rid of them go to MOTL and sigh up. They want them bad on that site.

I

Ihsans Shade

Your right, who wants a card that will start to naturally curve once it is out of the pack. So it bounces light off of it, so what.

Ihsan's Shade
BLINED by the light...

T

theorgg

I don't like to trade over the net. I have ony recently gotten desparate enough to ORDER off the net...

mirage cursed totems are hard to find.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-theorgg

A callow knight in armor,
Appropriatly brave,
Displayed his lack of wisdom
and charged into my cave.

He challanged me to battle,
In moments it was through.
He made a tasty morsel-
His horse was tasty, too.

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"
published in Monday's Troll,1997 scholastic

Ferret

Staff member
Occasionaly you'll get a good deal. I was able to score three Sorrow's Paths for just some random Urza Bloc uncommons - and both of us thought we got the sweet end of the deal...

-ferret

"...beware of traders w/ their nose burried in Scrye..."

D

Dune Echo

hey, Orgg! I still have 1 Cursed Totem with a scarred face. I'll give you a deal. Also, I'm going to try to get the GOODS out to you after Christmas. I'll do it on the weekend if possible. I'll let you know how much it is to send it and we'll work a deal. Maybe I can throw in the Cursed Totem for some other reciprocation? Talk to you soon.

T

theorgg

sorry. I can't do that now.

I finally ordered some for 1.50 each. that's CHEAP compared to Nutral Ground-atlanta(6.00).

and the Beefcakes&Bonesmashers should find their way out of the lower web soon.
right, dune?

-theorgg

Appropriatly brave,

He made a tasty morsel-

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"

T

theorgg

Yea. I paid $12 for a hardcover book at a garage sale just because of that poem. cool book too.

-theorgg

Appropriatly brave,

He made a tasty morsel-

-Jack Prelutsky,
"Ogrebrad"

D

dw51688

This topic was a long time ago. What are your thoughts on Foils now?

D

Darsh

I hate foils, I would almost rather have the regular card than the foil.

N

Namielus

About the same here, foils just take more space in my binder, and no one whats them anymore... :(

H

Hetemti

Foils are good.

In the olde days, you felt good when you bought a booster pack and got (at least what looked like) a powerful rare.

Today, we buy by the box, netting usually at least one of most the rares.

In come foils. Now, you have something else that will make you feel lucky when you open a booster and see a shiny rare staring at you...even if it is only a Brink of Madness.

Of course, a lion's share of the foils I've pulled are rares, so perhaps I just like to think of myself as lucky. :p

As for playability and trade value, I will only trade for a playable card, and I won't give much more than standard value for it. Therefore, I like foil lands, Viashino Cutthroats, Mother of Runes, Blastoderms, et cetra.

E

ErinPuff

I like foils. Foils are shiney.

I only have three foils, and none are rare.. Involiability, Tranquility, and Snag..

C

Cerberus

Foil is good for one thing in life in my mind and that is to trade to the people that do value them I do hold on to a few the ones that look good and the ones that repace the cards that I can find not in foil

C

Cateran Emperor

I don't see any problem with foils. I'd rather open a foil version of a card then a regular, if for no other reason then they look cooler. It's not like you're losing a card from a pack or anything, you're simply getting a foil version of what you'd get anyway. If foil commons took the place of rares, THEN I wouldn't like it. That would be seriously not good. The way they are now, they're quite harmless. i don't see any reason to not like them. Rahter, you kind of have a chance to pull a second rare from a pack.