Selling lots of good stuff at reasonable prices; come check it out!

M

MacdaddyG

1. I accept money order and paypal (paypal perefrred).

2. These prices are somewhat negotiable.

3. Shipping is $1 in the U.S., more international depending on where I'll be sending to.

4. I will send cards after I receive payment, which will usually be same day or the next day if I receive payment through paypal.

5. All cards are in mint condition unless noted otherwise.

6. Prices are for each card. Feel free to post or email offers.

Foils:

DCI Disenchant - $10
Upheaval - $15
Annul - $4
Broodstar - $15
Naturalize - $5
Forgotten Ancient - $10
Crystal Shard - $5
Pyrite Spellbomb - $4
Urza's Saga Plains - $4
Viridian Shaman - $6

Tokens:

Soldier
Demon
Dragon
Goblin
Rukh

PLEASE EMAIL OFFERS ON THESE

Non-foil rares:

Mobilization - $3
Stroke of Genius - $5
3x Entomb - $5
Visara the Dreaful - $8
2x Promise of Power - $7
Blistering Firecat - $6
Forgotten Ancient - $5
5x Bladewing the Risen (2x signed by artist) - $2 ($3 for signed)
Bosh, Iron Golem - $4
Myr Incubator - $2
Oblivion Stone - $18
NM- Reflecting Pool - $4

I

Istanbul

Now, that's not fair to say at all.

His prices are VERY steep.

N

Nightstalkers

$10 for a mishra's factory? I was charged $30 when I tried buying one from a card shop in Minnisota.

M

MacdaddyG

if you guys would take the time to read number 2, I believe it clearly says prices are somewhat NEGOTIABLE; this means they're not set in stone, etc. so you can still make offers if you'd like

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You paid a dollar for a black-bordered Mishra's Factory today (or fairly recently, like in the last couple of months)?

The prices seem to be about right to me if you look at magazine prices...

I

Istanbul

For shame, Spidey. You know full well that magazine prices are laughably inaccurate.

T

train

Istanbul - it's not that they're inaccurate...

It's that in some regions - people do pay those prices...

Works the same way Beckett does for Sports Cards...

Brett Favre cards don't sell for 40.00 a pop in San Francisco... though Montana, Rice, and Garcia may...;)

R

Reverend Love

Istanbul

Ya know sometimes I wonder where in the blue yonder are they pulling their prices from (Scrye, Inquest) as it's surely not reality.

Ebay is the almighty holy Grail for pricing cards. While yes there's tons of legwork doing it you can more or less tell what X4 of any given card is going for within the community.

I

Istanbul

A card's value is the lowest amount people can/will reliably pay for it.

As such, look on eBay for card values, as the good Reverend suggested. That's a very direct way to see what people will actually pay for cards.

T

train

don't forget shipping when looking at prices on ebay - sometimes it's a null point, and sometimes it's not...

As in - charging 4.00 for shipping 1 bird, dual land, or extremely expensive card is not unheard of...

Then you hit the signature and everything else with power 9s...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Magazine prices are generally the average of whatever shops supply them with the information. What sells in one area for cheap might be expensive in another area. Some places might have a thriving Type 1 presence and duals go for cheap. Others might not and duals are sought after. It all depends.

Ebay is the almighty holy Grail for pricing cards
It's funny you two should mention that about eBay, because the Magic Suitcase community uses magictraders.com to get the prices into Suitcase and there's some discussions on how inaccurate it is in general. Maybe not for some specific cards, but overall.

Ebay's an auction site and a good resource, but I wouldn't call it better than any other. You get people willing to pay x on cards, but again, it's only indictative of those people willing to get on and pay online, which could or could not be exclusive of those buying from brick stores. Obviously you get people trying to get the best deal by bidding the lowest price, but that doesn't necessarily mean you get the highest range people are willing to pay. Additionally, you might get one person's "high range" one week and another person's another week. Like the Reverend says, it's a lot of legwork while magazines have their prices right there.

H

Hetemti

Ebay may not tell you a card's worth, but it certainly gives you its value.

T

train

I'm sure it gives you the value for that individual card - but not the card as found everywhere...

I'm pretty sure Hetemti meant it as the value of the card is the price paid for it...

But then that means that all the cards I gave Hetemti are worth nothing...:p

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm thinking for purposes of ebay discussion, what a card's worth AND value are pretty much the same thing: what the buyer is willing to pay. Unless he's using one as the "overall" baseline for a card, like worth what a card is generally known for and value is what the actual buying price is for that instance, so you can see whether you got it for cheap or not (or have the two terms switched around), but again, the former is usually commonly accepted as the average of its selling price anyway, so if someone gets a card for cheap consistently, the overall worth is going to go down the next time the card prices are updated.

H

Hetemti

Value is a measure of how much of a trade medium something is equitable to. Worth is how much of a trade medium a person is willing to exchange for it.

Example, I traded Oblivion Stone for Birds of Paradise. According to the random shouts coming from an Inquest or Scryre or whatever, Birds was 16 and Stone 22 or something. (I don't recall actual values, and they are moot, as I will explain, anyway) The fact was that I had three Birds and wanted four in a deck, and I had one Stone that hadn't left the binder since I opened it.

Stone may have had a higher reported value (and since the Stone was fresh and the Birds battered a bit) but the fact was the Bird was worth more to me than the cited value, and Stone was worth less in turn. I buy perhaps three packs of a base-set just for shichzengiggles, so my chances of opening another Bird is rather bleak, however, I've been drafting Mirrodin twice a week, so I'll probably get another Stone in good time.