Searching?...

T

train

Why has the administrator disabled searching of the member list?... just wondering...:)

N

Nightstalkers

We... I guess that they just don't want to have the extra MB in the system...

or they don't want people to have easy access to the members lists.

DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA DRINK COKA-COLA

T

train

Well... I was really going to try and look up all the people from TX and was hoping to be able to invite them to some of my tourneys... if they're interested...

It's just easier to do if it's searchable instead of page by page...

Ferret

Staff member
I hate avatars. They cause one line posts to take up one third your screen. They're a wast of space.

-Ferret

"your words should let us know who you are, not a random picture from Ice Age"

N

Nightstalkers

if you have the extra twenty dollars a month to send to Ed, go ahead. We don't necessarily need it.

The searching is another thing unto itself though.

Ferret

Staff member
Trust me: I've donated enough. :)

-Ferret

"...check the ancient forums to find out what I mean..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think those old threads have been "archived" since Ed revamped the site a couple times; I don't think you can get to them just by going back to the Beginning of the particular forum (I think General).

N

Nightstalkers

whuh? so I would have to get permission from Ed? That is like asking God for a raise!

And why does his name always seem to turn up bold? what a piece of work... wonderful, just wonderful.

A

Apollo

Haha, because, of course, Ed is God. ;)

Just kidding, of course, Oh Divine One. Searching prolly wouldn't do you much good, as 99% of our members don't really exist anymore, but I don't know why you can't... *shrug*

BTW, Ferret at least donated the money to buy the domain name (well, perhaps "donated" isn't the right word--he was expecting to be paid back).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
You don't have to get permission from Ed - where did I say that? All I was saying was that if you tried to look up old threads dating from the start of the site, they probably wouldn't be there because of the revamp.

And if you noticed, I put all member names in bold, not just Ed's...

Ferret

Staff member
If Baron Sengir was the heart of the CPA, then Ed was the brains. He developed the site into what it is today. Despite the fact that I provided the funds, he was the one that registered the domain name. All this time he has kept the bare bones and the things you never see behind the scenes running.

Out of all of CPA's Founders, Ed deserves the most respect for spending more man-hours than any other user (including Spiderman) keeping this site working. So, if you ask "Is Ed God?" the answer is most assuredly "yes" :)

-Ferret

"...One Nation, Under Ed..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
True, especially since I haven't asked for nor expect any respect in the first place. Although Ed has said himself that he does now view himself nor want to be called a "god".

Say Ferret, what's with these snide remarks? Are you feeling threatened or something because I refuse to back down or support your position or something?

Ferret

Staff member
It wasn't intended to be snide. Everyone knows how much time you've spent at keeping this place running. If it weren't for you, there is now way the site would have been as successful as it has durring the prolonged absense of all of the Founders...I was just pointing out how much Ed has been here.

-Ferret

""

N

Nightstalkers

The founders should either come back and figure this out or just leave us alone entirely.

You hear us founders! you better come back and help. Ed, You'd better come out of hiding. We know were we live!

Wait, that didn't come out right... CONTROL! CONTROL! screw it, I'll fix this stupid headset later. And we know were we live. Most of the time anyways.

No threat to the all powerful Ed. jk

Ferret

Staff member
Well, at least one of the Founders is here to lend a helping hand - and we have many people that may have started a few months after the site went up that I consider honourary "Founders" because their dedication and hardwork have also helped set the "Foundation" for this site that we all love...

-Ferret

"...love, or at least tolerate :)"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for clarifying that Ferret, it just sounded bad coming on the heels of the other thread.

I think that if the Founders have moved on, it's up to the ones who are left to determine the future of the site. Or its path for the next year or so, which apparently we've done...