Science!

• Thread starter FoundationOfRancor
  • Start date
F

FoundationOfRancor

I need to find an article (magazine, net, newspaper) that relates to scince in some way, shape, or form. I really need this...can anyone help me?

Z

Zadok001

And, while you're at it, avoid taking AP Calc, AP Chem, British Literature (i.e. Beowulf/King James Bible), and Comedy at the same time. This is so not gonna be cool.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Get a copy of the Sunday Washington Post (either in paper or on the web) and go to the comic section. They always have a science thingie there.

Go to your library and go to the magazine section and just look for 'science' magazines.

A

Apollo

Hey! I have to do the same thing! Maybe I'm really you, not Darsh! And since you're Jackal, I must be him, too!

I'm starting to feel like Quard (remember him? I miss him).

Anyway, I got mine from an mag called Science News. There's an adress on their mag: http://www.sciencenewsbooks.org I haven't checked it out, but it might have something.

N

Namielus

Wait were not taking AP chem are we??? oh !^$!@#!@#

[me]*($^(*^#^@$@#$[/me]

Now I still don't have a book yet, I'm in deep ^&*( aren't I?

D

DÛke

I have College Prep English, and guess, what! We are reading Beowulf! Dang I hate this story! Dang it, dang it, dang it!
I can't comprehend the contents, and those horrible notes, dang it! I'm a senior, I don't need this pain! I thought I was free!
Dang it!

I know how you feel Zadok.

A

Apollo

Wait were not taking AP chem are we??? oh !^$!@#!@#
Aaaggh! It is for AP Chem! I'm you, too! I'm everyone!

By the way, does anybody remember Quard? I loved Quard. Quard was the best. Come back, Quard!!!

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Jeez, you guys take that stuff in college. This year in 10th grade I'm taking Eng. lit(i doubt it is as tough as what you are going through but we are doing boewulf but i don't think we are doing the king james bible). In 12th grade i'm taking AP Cal, AP Chem, and AP Physics.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

The eng. Lit is a state wide standard. I was always good in math. In 8th grade i took Math I(high school level math to those that don't live in NY). Because i'm good in math i'm able to take chem this year and physics next year and AP Chem and AP Physics my senior year. I'm nothing compared to this kid that gradulated last year. He took AP Cal as a sophmore in high school. He got 100's on every single math exam he took. HE is a genius.

D

Duel

Okay, I'll give you an Idea what we're up against.
As a test of strength, we had to hold Zadok's backpack by one arm at arm's length. I'm very strong, but after about 4 seconds, my arm began to wilt....
My backpack is only a little lighter.

E

ErinPuff

After carrying my backpack across the hall from Algebra II (I'm one of sixteen freshmen taking the class, and only five or so are in my class) to Language Arts, I'm in immense pain... I can't even fit my binder in there anymore so I have to carry it..

I'm taking General Science (all the little freshies are).. we have one of the hardest teachers in the school, his tests are impossible (according to him, they're not impossible, just ALMOST), and I'm in the hard class (there are four levels, and I'm in the top one).

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
You know what sucks?

Last year, I was taking Honors Chem, which is one of the hardest classes in my HS. Well, I was basically breezing through it. I needed to get a 90% in the final quarter to be exempt from the final (90% final avg = don't have to take final).

Well, last test, this one question, we had to write something above the line, and something below it. Unfortunately, my teacher wasn't very descript with what he said, and 50% to 75% of the people flipped them. I had the answers right, but flipped. But he wouldn't give us any points :(

I lost 18 points on that one question!! ...and had to take the final. And ended up with a 92% or 93% on the final.

I needed a 94% to end up with an A final :(

D

Darsh

I had a simliar experience to yours ed just this week. Thursday my biology honors teacher wrote this diagram where you had to put words in the blank blanks to make it right the next day when she asked for it and no one had it done she told us it should have been easy and then asked for our word bank thing is she didn't give us any stinkin word bank!

D

dw51688

My biology teacher rules! He's so cool. But everytime i do something weird or set something on fire afterschool. He is always there but he just says nothing smiles and walks away!

A

Apollo

I'll be taking AP Calc and AP Chem in 11th grade, next year, but I don't think my school even offers Eng. Lit. Strange. Oh well.

And my locker is stuck behind the gyms, in a different wing of the school from all of my classes, so I can't go to it all day. I do stick some of my stuff in a friend's locker, but I still end up with a sore back at the end of the day from carrying my stuff around:(

I read somewhere that all the kids are getting their backs messed up from those packs, and are far more likely to have back trouble when they grow up than previous generations.

By the way, I feel for you, Ed. On one test last year in biology, I got a 72.5 out of 80, but my teacher marked it as a 70. I pointed the mistake out to him, and he acknowledged it. He then said "I'll fix it if I get around to it." Needless to say, he never did, and I missed an A by two points.

I hate that guy.

[Edited by Apollo on September 10th, 2000 at 01:47 AM]

E

Elrond

I took Physics last year with a teacher, who will remain nameless in the hopes that it will keep me from cussing too much and have this deleted, that had absolutely no working knowledge of Physics, the only reason she was even teaching the class was that my school's too cheap to employ both a Physics teacher and a Chemistry one and she actually knew stuff about Chem. Now on with my story. She assigned some work from the book and said that if we had any problems we could ask her for help and there was one problem that had the entire class, five people including me, stumped so we asked her, big mistake, it was a problem with four variables and we didn't know if we were looking for A or B, she says solve the problem for A, so we do. When it comes time to grade the thing she says that the problem was wrong because it should've been solved for B instead and then, what really hacks me off is that when we tell her that she told us to do it that way she only gives us half credit because it can be considered to be her fault. God I hated that d***n woman.

G

Gerode

Anyone here taking AP Europe History? I got my first huge study packet over the weekend about the Byzantine Empire and Pre-Renaissance.
I got accepted into AP Chem and would have been the only sophomore in the class, but got kicked out when registering for the class because there were too many seniors taking taking the course. Had to spend an hour redoing my entire schedule. In late summer the teacher reinvited me to the class, but it would have been a huge hassle to redo my entire schedule.