Saproling Burst & Fade Counters

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by jcredberry, Aug 7, 2000.

1. jcredberry Gochan Warlord

Hi, another one of my friends uses the Saproling Burst... We have a couple of doubts about this card:

1- When I remove a fade counter at the begining of my upkeep, am I also creating a new counter creature???

2- Can I remove 6 fade counters on one turn and create six creatures (6/6, 5/5, 4/4, 3/3, 2/2 and 1/1) at once???

3- Do the counter creatures have summoning sickness???

Thanx for your help...
  2. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

1. Nope. You only create a creature if you remove a counter for that ability, and the required Fading effect doesn't count.

2. You will create 6 creatures, yes. When the first effect resolves, a 6/6 will come into play. When the second resolves, a 5/5 will come into play and the 6/6 will become a 5/5. On the third resolution, you have 3 4/4s. Etc...

3. Yes, all creatures have summoning sickness unless stated otherwise on the card.

For the record, Saprolings created by the Burst have P/T equal to the number of Fading counters on the burst at all times. In other words, if the Burst has 3 counters, all Saps it made are 3/3. The P/T doesn't 'lock' when you create the creature.