• Heroes

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • Grinders

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
D

Duster

Sorry if this is posted twice..
So whaddya call 'em? You know, the things that come on long rolls with meat, cheese 'n crap on 'em?

S

Sammy Dead-O

Does anyone actually call them grinders? I only know the word from that Adam Sandler song...

G

Griffith_se

Well, we call'em grinders. Mostly we've gotten used to calling them grinders because there's a little shop down the street called "The Grinder Shop", go figure.

G

Gizmo

Erm, none of the above.

I`ve heard of Hoagies off the TV.

We here in the UK call them Buttys (cos of the butter I guess). Chip Butty , Bacon Butty.

I think that a butty is really just a working class sandwich.
:D

G

Gerode

I call homemade sandwiches (on hikes, camping, etc.) hoagies and larger sandwiches (Subway, Quiznos, etc) subs.

A

Apollo

I call them subs. However, in Jamie Wakefield's tournament reports, he has referred to them as "grinders," so there is someone out there that calls them that other than Griffy and Sandler.

Killer Joe

On a side note, in The 'Burgh (a hip way of saying Pittsburgh ;)) we have a chain of sandwich shops called Permanti Bros., they serve steak sandwiches with cole slaw and french fries IN THE SANDWICH! They're the best, especially at 2:30 am after a night on the town :).