sad but true....

L

lilpinhead

its a sad fact.....due to the birth of my new child..i have had to quit the game of Magic Entirely....no more packs....no more boxes...no more tournaments.....nothing at all..just me and my 25,000 or so cards and 43 decks.....all packed away into a box under the bed. their place on the desk is now replaced with a basinet and a box of baby wipes.....its not a sad thing per say..i mean i am beyond words when it comes to the joy and love i have for my new child...but, i cannot help but think that a part of me is packed away under that bed.....maybe one day when the little babe can read and understand, i can teach her to be a little magic princess...but untill then i just wanted to say goodbye. -lilpinhead (G. Merrick)

A

arhar

Congratulations on becoming a parent!!! Good luck, and hope one day you'll come back to Magic and CPA.

M

Mundungu

Congrats !!!

Dont worry, I am sure you will find some time to do some Magic from time to time .. Maybe not much the first 6 month, but soon enough ...

DO NOT SELL YOUR COLLEC ON A BARGAIN .. you'll regret it ...

P

Purple_jester

There could not be anything more important than your family right now. Not Magic. Not a million dollars. Not a lifetime supply of jumbo-sized cheesedogs.

I believe the transition from Player to Parent is a wonderful thing. Be happy. ;)

R

Rando

My self-imposed one post...

I don't get it...

Because you now have a child, you have to give up Magic?

Why?

Is it finacial? If so, there is no reason not to play with the cards you already have.

Is it time related? I seriously doubt you have to now abandon all free time for yourself. If you do, you will quickly go nuts.

Is it because you feel that now, since you are a parent, you have to give up perceived "childish" activities? Poppy-cock.

I just don't understand. Please enlighten me.

C

Cateran Emperor

Congratulations friend, and the best of luck to you.

Don't worry, you'll be able to come back to Magic one day. In the meantime, you can at least still come to the CPA and try to stay in touch with the game (or at least the rest of us)!

Z

Zadok001

Congradulations! :)

Regardless of whether or not you leave Magic forever, if you ever have the time, stop by here! We're always around to say "Hi."

Best of luck to you in all things!

U

Ura

Congratulations! :D

Hope you and your newborn have many happy years to come. What did you name him/her anyways??

Rando: Being a parent is a full time responsibility that literally yes, uses any and all free time you may have, especially when they're newborns.

A

Almindhra

But I dont think you should give up the game completely...If you feel you'll never have time now, you will in a few years and you'll regret even saying you quit Magic before...

But, if you insist on quitting the game, I know we live in the same area and I'm always up for buying some new cards, so please PM me if you're interested......

Killer Joe

I had just started learning to play Magic around the time my first child was born, and she slept alot, so I had time to read the rule book and sort through my cards. When she woke up, I would change her, feed her, give her a forest to look at and then put her to sleep again, and continued with my cards. It was the "Boob Tube" <slang for TV> that I had to give up (and good riddance, too!).
Hey Ally, don't be TOO opportunistic :p !

R

Rando

Originally posted by Ura
Rando: Being a parent is a full time responsibility that literally yes, uses any and all free time you may have, especially when they're newborns.
But, I know lots of people that have children that still attend to thier hobbies.

While the child is still a newborn, I can see.

But having the idea that once you become a parent you have to irevocably give up all your free time and self interest forever is absurd. If that were the case, then parents would become these selfless automotons. I know of no one that does or has done that.

Last week, at my local weekend tourney, one of our regulars brought in his 3 month old to show off. His wife then went home with the child and he stayed and played Fires.

U

Ura

Rando:
You don't give up your hobbies forever, just a little while so you can dedicate more time to the child. Usually lasts about 6 months to a year unless your child is remarkably well behaved or sleeps alot. Otherwise they can be too distracting to be able to dedicate time to hobbies. I have several friends with children and all of them have gone through the same cycle of pack away the cards or the nintendo for a few months because there simply isn't time for it anymore.
I think the last thing that the world needs is another "tv generation".