Rowen

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by Griffith_se, Mar 16, 2001.

1. Griffith_se Queen of the Sub-Optimal

I'm a little dense ;) You draw a card if its a land draw another card, it dosn't matter if its another land, Your done right?
    You don't get to draw again, correct?

Rowen
    Color=Green Type=Enchantment Cost=2GG
    Text(6th): Reveal the first card you draw each turn. Whenever you reveal a basic land card this way, draw a card.

The first sentence is a continuous ability. You reveal the card when you draw it, during the resolution of any draw effect. The second sentence is a triggered
    ability (see Rule A.4), and thus will wait until the entire draw effect finishes resolving
  2. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

3. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

It just counts for the first card you draw in a turn.

By the way, if you have two Rowens, it's still just the first card that counts, but you'd get to draw two cards if it was a land.
  4. EricBess Active Member

I probably shouldn't bring this up, but I'm hoping that there is at least one person out there that will benefit from my doing so.

Each Rowen triggers independantly. As such, you technically should reveal the same card (the first one drawn during the turn) twice.
  5. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Bad Rules Guru! Bad!

(*swats EricBess with rolled-up newspaper*)

The "Reveal...card" ability is not a triggered one. It's a static ability that simply instructs you to reveal the card.

If the first card you draw in a turn is a basic land card, then both "Whenever you reveal...this way" abilities trigger independently. You'll draw two cards, one at a time, with time before, between, and after, to play other abilities/instants.
  6. EricBess Active Member

*Ouch*

Okay, so I was just trying to confuse everyone. Is that any reason to turn on me? ;)

My bad folks. If Rowen's reveal was a triggered ability, you would have to show the card after it had been placed in your hand. This would get really ugly because there would be no way to prove it was actually the card drawn. (the draw an extra card is triggered, however).

Two static abilities that do the same thing do not make that happen twice. Must review rules. Not cumulative.

I will now go sit in the corner and write "I will think twice before posting" on the blackboard 1000 times. I'll let you know if I ever finish.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

at least you only got hit with a newspaper... Chaos Turtle is getting benevolent in his old age :)
  8. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Old Age !?

"Jeeves, fuel up the F-16! I'm going Spider-hunting!"
  9. EricBess Active Member

Um...Spidey...I'll never complain about a newspaper again.... That's not a newspaper he's coming at you with!!! I am so out of here. :)
  10. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

Day 1 - I was last seen with a Sharpie(tm) Marker, writing the names Spiderman and EricBess on Sidewinder missiles.

Remember, you can PM your guess at anytime before you are blown to smithereens!!!!!111!11LOL!!!1
  11. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Day 2: I am still laboriously trying to write Spiderman and EricBess on those missiles...
  12. EricBess Active Member

Day 3: WHAT...........Is the airspeed velocity of an unladden turtle?
  13. Zadok001 CPA Founder, Greater Good

Explain to me how a turtle goes about writing ANYTHING? :)
  14. Chaos Turtle Demiurgic CPA Member, Admin Assistant

15. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

It's a good thing I'm not cheeky....

Too bad for EricBess and Zadok though :D

Man, we need some rules questions in here!
  16. EricBess Active Member