Rogue is Dead

Killer Joe

Oh yeah, I'm askin' for it!
I just read an article over at Star City written by The Ferrett, here's the link:
http://www.starcitygames.com/news/Magic/Ferrett/001213ferrett.html
I like rouge decks, but I'm not a Paulianna about the this whole 'rouge' thing not being tournament worthy. I have awakened to the cold hard truth that since I semi-retired my "Erratic-Spikes" deck, I've been winning a lot more with T-S and U/W Control net-type decks in the tournament scene.
BTW, when I was a boy during the 60's, I used to listen to a re-broadcast (WSHH in PGH) of 'Radio Shows' like 'Fibber McGee and Molly' and a Mystery Theater show that was kind of scary for an eight year old boy, of THAT time, to listen to.

Z

Zadok001

Rouge is going downhill to some extent, but it's hardly dead. Why?

Options. Type 2 is full of OPTIONS right now. Mind you, whatever option you pick has to be able to beat Rebels and Fires, but there are LOTS of options. Any color combination is viable, and most are pretty strong right now.

By the way... What the heck happened to 5cG?

R

Rando

Rouge decks have always been the sickley little brother of the Magic Deck family.

...But! It always finds a way to jump and bite you in the ass sometimes. It will never die, but will never be at the forefront either. You will never go to a major tourney and see 100 different non-net decks, but some rouges will always be there.

D

Duel

Remember the article "Every deck is a net deck"?

Well:

Every deck was a rogue deck.

At one point, every deck was rogue. Net decks are rogue decks that made it big.

Rogue decks are not the sickly brothers of magic. Rogue decks are decks that haven't grown up YET.