Rocket Launcher made me do it...

N

Nightstalkers

And again, sideboard is stuff that I might plan on stuffing into the deck at a later time.

//NAME: Professor X
3 City of Traitors
4 Mishra's Factory
4 Mishra's Workshop
1 Stalking Stones
1 Strip Mine
1 Tolarian Academy
3 Wasteland
4 Juggernaut
1 Shield of the Ages
1 Magma Mine
4 Metalworker
2 Aeolipile
1 Black Lotus
2 Cursed Scroll
3 Grafted Skullcap
1 Grim Monolith
2 Jester's Cap
1 Mana Vault
1 Memory Jar
1 Mox Emerald
1 Mox Jet
1 Mox Pearl
1 Mox Ruby
1 Mox Sapphire
2 Null Brooch
2 Powder Keg
1 Riptide Replicator
2 Rocket Launcher
2 Snake Basket
1 Sol Ring
4 Thran Dynamo
1 Voltaic Key

// Sideboard:
SB: 1 Stuffy Doll
SB: 1 Karn, Silver Golem

D

DarthFerret

Looks kinda nasty, however, I for one, would like to know how it plays in competition with a speed based weenie creature deck?

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Speed kills it as the deck usually runs aground after dealing only about 10 dmg to your opponent with the rocket launcher. I've combatted this by adding more launchers and more shields of the ages. In the end I can usually combat burn and weenie decks, but there are combo decks that I fail to pacify before I can really do much.

The deck I listed is an older build of the deck.

But then again... I mainly make more casual decks.

D

DarthFerret

Well, all in all, it looks to me like a pretty good deck. I was mainly fascinated by the fact that I know most of the cards listed by name alone, and did not have to look up any of them to see what they do. As I have not kept up with the most recent stuff, this made for a good read for me. Keep up the good work!

Long live the Icy Manipulator! (The original artwork is unrivaled!)

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Problem with ensnaring bridge is that it'll limit my ability to use the stones, juggernaught ("here's juggy!" -X-men the last stand), and the factories. Caltrops doesn't do much to either of those three but it does put a hamper on my basket full of snakes....

I'm still trying to figure out whether to dump the replicator or the snake basket in my newest incarnation of this deck...

T

train

Okay - so go with the crawlspace - and some bottlegnomes... You can then hold off weenies until you build enough up to fire away...

Actually - if you used the Bottle gnomes with followed footsteps... you could really do some stalling...

N

Nightstalkers

There's the other problem, the deck only makes colorless mana really...

Crawlspace still allows for biggies to get through... I switched out the replicator for an ensnaring bridge to see how it works. The draw probability is crap for it, but it should still work. Grafted Skullcap and Cursed Scroll both work well with it.

T

train

Maybe if speed is what hurts you - you could run Signets...

That might help you build a big mana base faster... It could also empty your hand, and allow the bridge to work properly...

After that - you just want to find ways to replenish your hand with extra draws...

;)

N

Nightstalkers

What I really need is the replenishment of hand draws... the signets aren't a bad idea, it's just that I'm having a terrible time of trial and error trying to find what would be best to ditch for'em.

Hmm... if only the workshop mana could be used to fuel artifact abilities as well.

T

train

If you are going to have the mana base - run a tower of fortunes...