Rituals of Power

C

Cateran Emperor

Any ideas on these?

Ritual of Devouring
BBBB
Enchantment
BB, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy any noumber of creatures with combined converted mana cost equal to or less than the sacrificed creature's. You may add B to your mana pool for each creature destroyed in this way.

Ritual of Regrowth
GGGG
Enchantment
GG, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy any number of artifacts with combined converted mana cost equal to or less than the sacrificed creature's. You may put a 1/1 Green Saproling creature token into play for each artifact destroyed in this way.

Ritual of Cleansing
WWWW
Enchantment
WW, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy any number of enchantments with combined converted mana cost equal to or less than the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost. You may gain 2 life for each enchantment destroyed in this way.

Ritual of Distortion
UUUU
Enchantment
UU, Sacrifice a creature: Return any number of nonland permanents with combined converted mana cost less than or equal to the sacrificed creature's to their owners' hands. You may draw a card for every 2 permanents returned to their owner's hand in this way.

Ritual of Unleashing
RRRR
Enchantment
RR, Sacrifice a creature: Destroy up to X lands, where X is equal to one half of the sacrificed creature's converted mana cost, rounded down. You may do 1 damage to any target for every 2 lands destroyed in this way.

Thoughts?

M

MrXarvox

Whoa now. Dead broken. Baaaaa-roken.

I'd think if they were to make "rituals" for all different colors, I think it would go like this:

Ritual of Fire R
Add RRR to your mana pool.

Ritual of Earth G
Add GGG to your mana pool.

Ritual of Vapor U
Add UUU to your mana pool.

Ritual of Light W
Add WWW to your mana pool.

They aren't by any means going to bring that kind of acceleration into the game, I mean they're even trying to ditch Dark Ritual. But damn would these be fun.:D

C

Cateran Emperor

Yeah, I've been getting no sleep over the past week or so, so I've been working on the most insane ideas possible tonight Darsh. This is actually not so broken as you think (though it IS still pretty absurd) since you can't do infinite loops with token creatures or anything. You need substantial sized creatures to get any real effect out of these

Xarvox: Sure, why not! Let's print these in the next few sets:

Dark Ritual
B
Instant
Add BBB to your mana pool.

Shadow Ritual
B
Instant

Unlight Ritual
B
Instant

Evil Ritual
B
Instant

Unholy Ritual
B
Instant

now we can have some real fun: let's put them all into the same set!

M

MrXarvox

My new deck:

4x Dark ritual
4x Shadow ritual
4x Unlight ritual
4x Evil ritual
4x Unholy ritual
4x drain life
4x soul burn
12x Swamp

:D :D :D :D