Ritual/Hyppie

A

Apollo

This is just a thought, and I'm not exactly sure where it ought to go. I was thinking that since Dark Ritual is now banned in Extended, why not unban Hypnotic Specter? The only reason it was worth banning in the first place was because it would come out on the first turn when one couldn't deal with it. It is a lot less intimidating on the third turn, isn't it? Plus, it is a fun card with a great picture. Anyway, let me know what you think.

Apollo

G

Gizmo

"Plus, it is a fun card"

(Choke, cough, splutter)
What`s so fun about your opponent having a 2/2 Hymn To Tourach? The Hypnotic Spectre is BY A MARGIN the most powerful creature ever printed.

G

Gryphonclaw

I agree with Ura. The hippie by itself is not that much of a threat.

Z

Zadok001

But no set with Hippy is still in Extended... 4th rotated out, remember?

"Ban this, ban that, oh, and what the hell, ban THAT too..."

A

Apollo

oh yeah, that kinda makes this all moot. Don't I feel like a horse's patoot! :)I do still think it's a fun card, though, as long as it isn't coming out on the first turn.

Apollo

U

Ura

I don't know. Hippie is great and most decks should be able to handle it on the third turn. Especially in extended where things like StP and Incinerate are still running loose. Blue can counter it and green can usually dump its hand so quick that a third turn hippie is pretty harmless.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree with you Apollo, that it was the first turn threat of a 2/2 random discard that made the Hippie powerful. And if it was still in Extended I would say it would be a good candidate to be unbanned.