Return to Tournaments--Any Ideas?

N

Notepad

Hello everyone, my suspension ended in May but its only now that I feel like attending an FNM tournament. I might go this week, but I have no idea if the store is running draft or standard. But, I wanted to ask some advice on returning to the fray in a FNM setting.

In draft (I'm assuming it'd be Spiral block), any basic things I should know? Not looking for an in-depth primer, just wondering if there are any strategies that are fun to pick up for a casual-hearted fellow in that format.

Same goes for standard. I bought two boxes of Spiral, one of the next set, and only a fatpack of Future, plus a box of each set from Rav block. So, I have a lot of key commons and almost-playsets of uncommons. Anything in standard that's also fun for a casual player on a mid-range budget?

Any help appreciated. Fortunately, I'm planning on returning to Magic with a FNM rather than something seriously unfun (hey, what's a common-based casual-type deck I can take to the next PTQ? J/K!!!).

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You could build the Wee Dragonauts deck. Get them out, them use cheap blue and red instant pump spells that have really big flyers swing for the win.

Ransac, cpa trash man

T

train

I've actually found a deck that went 8-0 until this last week... match-ups weren't good...

It's running Proclamation of Rebirth with uktabi drakes, lightning serpents, spark lementals, children of korlis, and some utility... cycling through gy with gaea's blessings, lightning helix, wreak havoc, sudden shock, krosan grips,etc...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
The Next PTQ, that I have scheduled, is Lorwyn Sealed with booster draft finals...

Something with The Rack and/or Tarmogoyf, would be fun.