Red Deck Wins (again)

G

Gizmo

Well twice now I`ve nearly quit Magic, and then copied a red deck off the net and developed a new love for the game. There`s nothing quite like Hammering a defenceless opponent six feet under to make you feel all macho again. Looks like it`s time for me to get back some of the 300 DCI points I lost by playing SquirrelPrison.
:mad:

Red Deck Wins 2000 (RDW2k)

4 Goblin Patrol
4 Goblin Cadets
1 Kris Mage (Buffy the Elf Slayer)
2 Keldon Vandals
2 Lightning Dragon

4 Seal Of Fire
4 Shock
2 Parch
3 Rhystic Lightning
2 Arc Lightning
3 Hammer Of Bogardan
1 Lightning Blast

4 Pillage

3 Ghitu Encampment
4 Rishadan Port
17 Mountain

And now this deck comes complete with a sideboard of almost entirely random supertech cards! Get em while they`re hot!

SB
4 Scald
3 Earthquake
2 Mogg Salvage
4 Destructive Urge
2 Lithophage

Remember people - doing 21 damage with a Hammer Of Bogardan is big, hard AND clever!
:D

P

Purple_jester

Hopefully, they'll have replacements for the other cards once Urza Block leaves Type 2. Of course, you never said this was Type 2. If not, then you could even use some of the older cards, thus ending up with "Red Deck Wins FASTER 2000". :D

I can imagine this deck with Lightning Bolts and Incinerates, maybe a Jackal Pup or two as well... Even Mogg Fanatic...

BTW, red decks make you feel macho? <Hey, Whimsical, an analysis please?>

G

Gizmo

Yep, once almost precisely two years ago (When MiViLite was about to leave) because I was taking it really seriously but finding myself repeatedly not quite good enough to win tournaments and I felt I should be winning everything in sight.
I was dedicated to playing my own decks of my own devising and I basically came to the realisation that I was never going to win a big tournament with an original deck so for Grand Prix: Birmingham I copied a Tempest-block Sligh deck of the net, tested it for a month and tweaked it a little (added Spellshock and Sonic Burst in place of Bombardment and Stone Rain). The result - I win a PTQ one week and a Grand Prix the very next.

It was a revelation, one week I`m getting knocked out in a T-II quarter final with a 5c Mogg Bombers/Tombstone Stairwell deck, the next week I`m winning a holiday in Rome with a netdeck. There`s a lesson in there somewhere...oh yes, netdecks are better than homemade decks - that`s what it is!

And recently I have been SO hacked off with how outrageously bad Masques block has been that I went so far as to ask various internet traders to make offers for my collection with a view to selling out of the game (they`d give about $1500, which was tempting but made me hesistate).

I won a 40-player T-II with the above deck at the weekend, by the way, so it looks like Magic has it`s claws back into me in a big way.

D

Duel

Glad we're keeping you.
Have you know I did the exact same thing. I waq about to give up on magic (I did, right after Weathrlight) again, when I saw two decks: RDW2K, and flores control. Anti-combo decks. Just Good.

As for the deck, what do you expect me to do?
I'd make it more agressive, throw in flame rifts and reckless abandons. But that's just me, in my environment. I have no clue how it plays out there...