Rebel Rebel

• Thread starter Budget Player Cadet
  • Start date
B

Budget Player Cadet

I want to start to build a rebel deck (once again, I love how they nuke control), and I am collecting the usual suspects from Masques...
What else should I look for outside of Mercaidian Masques?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Bound in Silence Tribal Enchantment - Rebel Aura Future Sight
Big Game Hunter Creature - Human Rebel Assassin [1/1] Planar Chaos
Defiant Falcon Creature - Rebel Bird [1/1] Nemesis
Outrider en-Kor Creature - Kor Rebel Knight [2/2] Time Spiral

Are just a few examples

R

Rakarth

Take a look at the precon Rebel deck from Future Sight (I think). It's got cards like bound in Silence and Big Game Hunter. Lin Sivvi is pretty damn good too, also Ramosian Revivalist is in the precon (6,T: return target rebel from GY to play:D), Amrou Seekers is another good card, unblockable 2/2 except by white/artifact creatures.

Kinght of the Holy Nimbus is cool, another 2/2 flanker and your opponent has to pay 2 so that he won't regenerate when he gets killed :D or Aven Riftwatcher is always handy, giving you life on the in and out, and a 2/3 flyer.

Basically check out the precon Rebels Unite as I found it to be one of the better ones out there. I actually had trouble beating it with my own decks and it doesn't take that much tweaking to make it come good either :)

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

I should get my hands on that precon before FS stops being printed.

R

Rakarth

It's always on eBay a little bit cheaper than it would be to buy it in the shops. Especially if you can get it from the US. Even with postage.

Rakarth

B

Budget Player Cadet

I'll just buy it at Sabel Schule where there are the huge magic meets every saturday.

Killer Joe

Mooseman said:
Is she cute???? Ransac needs a date....... and he may get the Shakespeare references.....
A 'date'? He's too young to date. :p

As for Rebel advice:
I would think about that artifact that makes activated abilities cost {1} less to play. I can't remember the name right now. :eek:

D

DarthFerret

Most people are tempted to go White and Black when building a rebel deck, however I think the best combo is blue and black with fetch in it, multiple bounce/draw and of course put a couple of Howling Mines in there (may even finally get a good use for Foresight)

Killer Joe

I wouldn't think a "drawing cards" strategy would work too well for Rebel decks because you might draw rebel cards when you really want to search for them via their search ability.

Many years ago Nate Heiss (Who? - Nobody now) came to our local game store with a Red, White and Blue Rebel deck that had at least 2 copies of Lightning Angel, some Mogg Fanatics and Goblin Legionnaires and few counter magic spells. He would counter or burn away opponent's problematic creatures and slowly build up his rebel force, then he'd go in for the kill. It remended me alot of the old Counter-Sliver decks of that time; hold opponent off until the brood grew enough to go in for the kill.

B

Budget Player Cadet

Mooseman said:
Is she cute???? Ransac needs a date....... and he may get the Shakespeare references.....
Believe me, if she's cute, she won't date ransac (Or is she lobotomized? Then that might work...). :D