READ

R

Riva Iron-Grip

i need "help" from various sorcerers. multani i would really like your help. we need to lay seige to pokemon forums all over the net. we need to make this pre-invasion of dominaria. i need fresh recruits to battle every day against the pokeforum. the link is http://thepokeforum.cjb.net/
everyone who is loyal to magic and it's rulers, pay your dues, and attack the pokemon pukes all over the world

S

Spaceman Spiff

tag guard

Sounds cool man...hope it works out for you...

M

Multani

Tag Guard

You have all of Yamaviya's resouces at your disposal.
Tranlation: OK!!!!

I

Istanbul

I won't *attack*, per se...mindless flaming proves nothing. But I *will* make my views known. Intelligent discourse is the way to go.

Y

Y The Alien

Tag Guard

Check http://www.phyrexia.com. This exact same thing happened over there, with the same website. This is pointless and could only serve to smear the CPA's reputation, and turn us into immature imbeciles who like to attack harmless children's web sites. If you DO got through with this, make NO mention of the CPA, as I don't want myself affiliated in this in any way, my own opinions about Pokemon notwithstanding.

And it took two edits to get the URL right.... I must be slipping.

[Edited by Y The Alien on July 2nd, 2000 at 11:18 PM]

I

Istanbul

He has a point. I arrived at the site shortly after my post to find a board not unlike our own, at which point I realized, 'You know, they're not hurting anyone. Why don't I just leave them be? Pokemon is dying anyway.'

So I did.

M

Multani

Tag Guard

You're right. Why expend resources when the enemy is already dying...
(Multani sees logic, then pulls back his forces.)

D

Duel

Look guys, points one and two must be made:

1: pokemon is dead. Even my cousins no longer play it. "digimon" (Ick!) is in, but it will follow Pokemon on the path of the tamagatchi.

2: Pokemon worked! There are about 50 kids in our city who have moved to magic. Go Charzard!

R

Riva Iron-Grip

alright, then where is the digimon site? and yes, i was the most part of the pokemon invasion from phyrexia.com

C

Cateran Overlord

I really have nothing against Pokemon. *NOTE* I did NOT say I like pokemon or I play it, but I don't mind it. Where I play, it has converted dozens of kids to Magic, and is still popular somehow, generating massive revenue. In all, I won't be sad to see it leave, but I really don't care if it stays.

Deathknight, I can't believe you actually invaded a pokemon site, well actually I can. I watch the whole thing, and it was silly and pointless. I don't care what you put in front of the everpresent suffix "mon", but I know well enough to leave it alone and let the kids slowly convert to Magic. I'll have no part in this, I'll just sit back and pull some strings, watching the ensuing carnage...

(Whatever you do, do NOT mention the CPA if you must do this, I'd rather not tarnish our reputation)

D

Duel

um, if you believe ten year old kids are homosexual becasue they play a little card game, you may just be f***ing stupid enough to use the CPA's name...

[Edited by Duel on July 5th, 2000 at 03:45 AM]

F

Fire Slinger

Pokemon is not that bad of a game. I gave it a try and it was fun...for a little while. In the end Magic is alot better. The side is that a went and bought one pack of pokemon cards and pulled a foil Charzard, that was cool. By the way you all need the stop f*****g cussing. The is a family web site. Your already ruining the reputation.

D

Duel

I apologize, just responding in kind. Still, it was uncalled for, I'll edit it.

C

Chaos Turtle

Alright, that does it.

What is the deal? Some of you act as though Pokémon is responsible for the all the ills of society, not to mention the "death" of Magic. I can't believe that a longtime (well, kinda) member and this new guy (actually, looking at some of his other posts, I can... and the username says it all...) are actually suggesting going after a forum dedicated to a kid's game.

Grow up, guys.
(and "thanks," to those of you who have encouraged restraint, despite your possible negative feelings toward Pikachu and friends)

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Outside of producing a fresh crop of would-be Magic players, what exactly has Pokemon DONE to Magic? If anything, it's introducing the whole concept of the CCG to kids, and their parents! To me, this is a good thing!

And the idea of assaulting a website because they have the nerve to talk about Pokemon there is just plain crazy. What do you care if they talk about Pokemon there? Do you HAVE to visit that website for some reason? Or were you just surfing around, looking for trouble? How do you even know about this place, Death Knight? I didn't know about it, and I've 2 Pokebrats at home, ages 5 and 8.

Do you realize you validate the Bible-thumpers when you attribute a card game like Pokemon with homosexual characteristics? If Pokemon is queer, Magic is evil, since you are "pretending to be a wizard casting spells". Isn't that what they say?

Arrgh. I hate it when people do that. It's a card game. That's all. That both games allow for people to express themselves, and their ideas, by creating their own decks to play with from a large card pool, is what makes it cool for most of us. Yes, I've played Pokemon with my eldest, and I own most of our good cards. Is the game as intricate as Magic? Hell no. Do I have fun playing it with my son?

You'd better believe it! :D

H

herald of valdemar

lets go and not diss pokemon but convert them. We can become magic missionaries, The little children will look up to us and our greater god Wizards of the coast, they make pokemon to i know but like all gods they have a sense of humor

H

herald of valdemar

there is nothing wrong with playing pokemon if thats the way you are it's none of my business, no i don't play but i don't hold it against them
They are just misguided who is with me to put them on the right track again.

P.S. We will be gods to the littl misguided ones

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

If anyone other than the Harold, in his "Kill him now" white uniform that he is SOOOOOO proud about, had posted the missionary idea I would be with it 100%. But since he is a "Good" guy, i don't know. His plan sound like it might work but you would need to show them people like Apollo, Multani, and C.T. rather than self proclaimed heros like my constant pieing target.

P.S. Did any1 ever see that news footage when bill gates got hit in the face with 2 whiped cream pies. that was awsome.