Re: WWYT????

N

Notepad

I usually ignore these things because they are always locked.

But I decided to click on round six and saw it was some trivia stuff. What the heck is this???

B

BigBlue

It's a game - not so much trivia.

Forgive me if I get something wrong with the rules (more likely skip one on accident). EricBess started this game here.

The rules are pretty simple, I give a category and players PM their answers to me. I tally the results by assigning 1 point to an answer every time it is given.

Then the players are awarded game points based on how many times their answers were given... You get 5 points for being 1st, 3 for 2nd, 2 for 3rd and 1 for 4th. The game goes to 25 points.

Let's look at an example - take round 1... The category was 5 things you see on the Interstate.

The answers were:

Road Signs 9 (9 players answered Road Signs)
cars 7 (7 players answered cars and so on)
police 4
tractor trailers 4
Billboards 3
Exit Signs 3
Roadkill 3
Construction 2
The Road 2
Trees 2
broken down cars 1
Cows 1
Factories 1
Farms 1
Hitchhikers 1
Horses 1
License Plates 1
Lights 1
Milemarkers 1
Rest Areas 1
Steering Wheel 1

Rkoelsch answered: Road Signs, cars, police, tractor trailers, and Roadkill.

So he scored: 9 + 7 + 4 + 4 + 3 = 27 which in that round was highest and earned him 5 points in the game.

Any Questions?

You are free to join at any time. This round could be close to over since Spiderman has 18 points, but you'd get a good idea how it works.

The only other wrinkle in the game is that every 5th round we have a challenge round where you risk 1/5th of your points in a 50/50 type question and if your answer isn't the most popular you lose them (otherwise you don't lose them).

E

EricBess

Close to over? Not a chance. Spidey's going down!!!

And yeah, that's a pretty good summary of how it works.

N

Notepad

Interesting stuff. I'm gonna lose, like when I played trivial pursuit against my cousins. (I knew I shouldn't have answered "CHICAGO!!!" to every question). But, I'll try.

T

train

*in a loud announcer voice... ground shaking...*

"Let's Get Ready to Ruuuuuuummmmblllllleeeeeeee!!!!!...."