Rate Movies with Smoking "R"

S

sageridder

It just amazes me how far this PC crap tries to go sometimes.They wanna slap an "R" rating on movies that show anyone smoking tobacco.Here's a couple links.

http://www.acponline.org/journals/ecp/janfeb02/glantz.htm

http://smokefreemovies.ucsf.edu/solution/r_rating.html

Can you imagine Bing Crosby movies getting the "R" rating, or how many old Disney movies would get it because of smoking a pipe or cigar? I just love how so many people want to blame anyone or anything for what thier kids do instead of looking at themselves.

M

Mazzak

Censorship in any form is bloody stupid. Yeah, that's it, blame the media and censor it, even though kids pick up more evil from their parents than from any other source...

T

train

I think movies with Politicians should be Rated R!!!...

Got Coat?!!... "I smoked it, but never inhaled"!!!...:eek:

Z

Zadok001

Smoking rated R? But not beheading by lightsabre? Methinks he dost protest too much.

Ferret

Staff member
Just makes me think of "South Park: Bigger Longer & Uncut"...

For those of you that missed it (or were too young to get in), the premise was that the Stan, Kyle, Cartman, and Kenny wanted to see a movie w/ lots of profanity in it and got in trouble. Kyle's mom went nuts because she considered the profanity evil, but the violence in film is perfectly fine...

-Ferret

"Standard x 2"

T

train

They need to make a Sout Park: More Enlarged, Lengthened and Director's Cut!!!:eek:

Ferret

Staff member
I would love to see that. I heard that they had to cut a lot out of the original cut to prevent it from going NC-17 - that's why it was less than 90 minutes long...

-Ferret

"...but, it would never happen..."

T

train

A "South Park: Attack of Streisand-ella, and Boitano Bot" would be kind of cool...:cool:

T

train

I'm a little lost... When I went to the theaters to watch this they actually did ID checks in the viewing auditorium... as well as when purchasing tickets...

I can't remember what it was... but I did hear some items were cut....

I think they may have been referring to how some of the episodes are cut, and that they didn't do so much of this to make it viewable... but I get your idea BOB...

Ferret

Staff member
Actually, there was quite a bit that was cut - this is why the movie was only 85 minutes long...

-Ferret

"...the title was meant to have a double-meaning..."

T

train

It's not commonplace in Texas!!!...

But them Okies and Arkansanians to the north might do it frequently... That's how theys slow inbreedin'...;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's not so automatic anymore, since it's been shown (so far) that there isn't any real "benefits" to being circumcised. Now, it's pretty much religious or personal beliefs (in other words, not medically pushed).

M

Mazzak

in my humble and sleep deprived opinion all it does is make the old John Thomas even uglier than it already is

T

train

Old John Thomas!!!...???

Lost me there... Well i may have been lost 731 posts ago...:rolleyes: