Ransac Rules Question #5

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by train, Sep 30, 2002.

1. train The Wildcard!!!...

I have threshold.
    My opponent attacks with an Avatar of Might enchanted with Armadillo Cloak.
    He passes priority.
    I activate the Hallowed Healer's ability, targeting myself.
    He passes, I pass, it resolves.
    I declare my Shield Sphere as the blocker.
    I pass, he passes.
    My opponent deals lethal damage to my Shield Sphere and the rest as trample damage to me.

How much damage do I take and how much life does he gain when damage resolves?

Armadillo Cloak
    Color= Multi Type= Enchant Creature Cost= 1GW IN(C)
    Text (IN): Enchanted creature gets +2/+2 and has trample. ; Whenever enchanted creature deals damage, you gain that much life

Color= Green Type= Creature - Avatar Cost= 6GG PY(R)
    Text (PY): 8/8, Trample. ; If an opponent controls at least four more creatures than you, ~this~ costs {6} less to play.

Shield Sphere
    Color= Artifact Type= Artifact Creature - Wall Cost= 0 AL(U2)
    Text (AL+errata): 0/6. (Walls can't attack.) ; Whenever ~this~ blocks, put a -0/-1 counter on it. [Oracle 1999/07/23]

Hallowed Healer
    Color= White Type= Creature - Cleric Cost= 2W OD(C)
    Text (OD): 1/1. ; {Tap}: Prevent the next 2 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. ; Threshold - {Tap}: Prevent the next 4 damage that would be dealt to target creature or player this turn. (Play this ability only if seven or more cards are in your graveyard.)
  2. BigBlue Magic Jones

The wall will get a 0/-1 counter when declared as a blocker, so it will eat 5 of the damage, and you will take 1. Your opponent will gain 6.

(this is assuming there were no other counters on the sphere).
  3. Ransac CPA Trash Man

Avatar of Might is a 10/10 trampler with spirit(essentially). At the time you declare Shield Sphere a blocker. It is a 0/6. However, once it is declared a blocker and is therefore blocking, it recieves a -0/-1 counter, making it a 0/5. The Avatar assigns deals five damage to the sphere, killing it, and the other 5 is assigned to you, but 4 of that damage is prevented, thanks to your thresholded hallowed healer. So, you take one, for a total of 6 damage dealt, meaning 6 life gained for your opponent.

Answer: You take 1 damage and your opponent gains 6 life.

Ransac, cpa trash man
  4. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

You take 0 damage and your opponent gains 6.

Edit: Now I looked. Crap. I forgot the counter the Sphere gets but I unintentionally got the second part right :rolleyes: