rally for paralyze?

T

theorgg

This is a call to arms.(not the card...)

Paralyze, an alpha common, has been changed after six years to work differently. This causes many fun combo(on 6-10th turn) decks to be useless.

Shall We ALLOW This desicration?

I Say NO![b/]

-theorgg
I'm bigger than I think, I think.

D

Dune Echo

Hey, I agree. Waylay was the same thing. Besides, Paralyze isn't even in WotC's precious, fragile Standard! I'd like to know what the combo was too. Basically, Theorgg, do what we decided to do originally, play casually and say, "Hey, I'm gonna play Paralyze like it was able to be played originally. Does anyone have a problem with that?" If they don't like it, then your group isn't very casual.

Ferret

Staff member
That's the way I see it - however, in Extended I can see how that card can be abused. Imagine this: you have Rofellos in play w/ Five or more Forests on the board along w/ an untapped Island. If he has Paralyze on him and you're holding a Stroke of Genius in your hand you can tap and untap him for infinite mana and stroke your opponent to deat - the same w/ a Priests of Titania and a few extra elves.

Still, Casual Players would never do such silly things, would we?

-ferret

"...not, at least, if they wanted to keep from getting killed by the group..."

D

Dune Echo

Ihsan's Shade, you're hurting my feelings... NOT! Man, I've been ribbed my whole life for having my name. Jeez man, get over it! By the way, it K I R S I N, not Krisen. If you're gonna type it, type it right!

------------------
Dune Echo

No! I'm not going by the name, "Buttnugget", Ross.

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Ahh, the funny thing is that any admin could make him go away, by just plopping a ban on his IP (domain rather).

Just exercising some power

-mike

Ferret

Staff member
Well, since he's Tony's kid brother we could just ask Tony to bludgeon him or something

-ferret

"...occasionaly he says some nice things so we can keep him for a while..."

B

Baron Sengir

Don't sweat Ihsan too much. He and I had a nice long talk about respecting this forum and its dwellers.

You've just got to understand my brother. He doesn't mean to be annoying, that's just his way of being friendly. It's kind of the way things go in our family. If you're liked, you get picked on. Dysfunctional, maybe but it's not meant to be mean. Anyway, I talked with him and he'll stop picking at you guys and be a little more respectful.

Me, on the other hand, I'm used to it. I expect the little buttnugget to still be a pain in my back.

I remain
The Baron
Still gonna pick on Ihsan 'cause he's my brother and I expect it in return ...

I

Ishans Shade

Too true Ferret, all too true.

How is the Budweiser job coming anyhow?

Ishan's Shade
Kirsin Koch Bwa Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha! Ah Ha Ha Ha HA who boy, time to settle down. He he he.

Okay now it has been edited. I think I will just stick with Dune.

[Edited by Ishans Shade (12-02-1999 at 10:40 AM).]