Question: Call of Duty 2 and Battlefield 2

H

HOUTS

I wanted to get some feedback on a few PC games: Battlefield 2 & Call of Duty 2.

I've played Battlefield 2 recently and was quite dissapointed. My computer isn't a little kid's set-up. I've got teh 'g4am3r's' box. But, the game still ran poorly. I blame the overpacked servers and poor connection of those on it. It seemed jittery.
Also, the new idea of 'commander' to over-see the maps and lead your squads seemed promising. Then came reality. It set in. People failed to use mics, and noone was doing the commanding as it should be. The points scale is horrible with it geared toward those who play for hours on end with no real social life. I don't have that much time.
The gameplay wasn't bad, but it still lacks, as in most games, in teamplay aspect. Too many people felt like rambo, I felt, and would end up losing games for you because they didn't want to work, or communicate, in getting flags set, and map position.
I felt like it was too slow of a gamepace. I didn't like walking, riding, driving, etc for minutes to finally find a person, tank, etc that killed me in milli-seconds. And, I am no chump at gaming folks.
Sure, it's nice to get up as as sniper in hiding spot, or ambush a team of soldiers with a few of your men, but it never happened. The maps were geared toward heading down a certain route in order to win. If you had the advantage-good luck at taking them down.

I'd rate this game as a C+.

If you've played this, what do you think?

CALL OF DUTY 2.

I haven't played it. I don't want to stake 50 bones for dis game. I'm about to just dl the game for free, grab a free cd-key, and imprint cd image so I can play this game.
Motivation: 7
Follow-through: 1

Has anyone played this game? Let me know what you like/dislike. Is it good?

So far, there is only ONE game that is the best. The only game I played endlessly (when time permits).

Natural Selection.

If you don't know anything about it-you're missing out. This game has it all. And more importantly the true respect of gamers in this community to have games with actual teamwork.

-HOUTS

N

Nightstalkers

Personally I think that Battlefield 2 sucked monkey nuts. They stripped any single player enjoyment from the game and made it mandatory that you have to play online to get any goodies at all... Then again, I did pay $9 for the DVD version a week after it came out..

As for Call of Duty 2... I'm really very super tired of the "Medal of Honor" style games. They've been around for a little too long for my taste and just upping the engine quality doesn't really do it for me.

I'm waiting till Unreal Tournament 2007 and a new version of Half-Life 2 to come out... HL2 is disappointing because it single handedly destroys the point of buying games at the store. If I wanted to download my games I'd go to f****** torrent sites and f****** download the d*** piece of s*** instead of wasting my time to go down to a f****** store and buy a g****** game that I'm downloading anyways.

H

HOUTS

I agree! BF2 just went downhill. I don't mind the on-line, because that is what I favor, muti-player direction it went, but it favored those who spent their waking lives playing this game. I want to come on occasionally and kill some bastards and tea-bag their dead corpses....
Am I asking too much? Cheez.

Call of Duty 2 I haven't played yet, but I enjoyed the first version.

I bought HL2 at a store, downloaded, played it (one day), and then left it. It's the other third party games that make the HL2 engine great. I do enjoy the Counter-Strike Source they made, it improved the gameplay/skill greatly. Then again, you encounter hackers on every site. And there are the random F*&king headshots out of nowhere...that just piss you off!

Honestly, try Natural Selection. I enjoy multi-player on-line games where you are forced to communicate, work together, for an over-all goal (that doesn't last less than 5 minutes).
I hate Quake and Unreal. Sorry bud. Just sucks...so F*&KING repetitive: See guy, shoot, click, *pow* you're dead! Repeat, rinse, lather. In in a time frame of a few seconds while fighting, and minutes for the map to cycle.

NS is the only game I like so far. I remember when Half Life, the original, was out. God, that game was so friggin' golden. Even for a single player game.
Have games gone downhill since then? Are they running out of ideas?

I wonder.

-HOUTS

N

Nightstalkers

Houts likes me!

>.>

Umm... The one thing I have against Counter Strike: Source is that it's geared towards the newbies. Us older 1.6 vets walk in and pull headshots with the pump shotty from across the room and everyone screams bloody hacking.

E

evan d

I bought Bf2 on preorder.... I don't quite know why. I think it was the headset. won't run on my comp so I would give it a 0. Played demo of original Call of duty. Great level design, but linear. CoD 2 is supposed to be a bit less, but its still killing nazis. (actually i bet you can't tell if it is a nazi or just another member of the Wehrmacht, bbut the developers an still use the "but hey its just killing nazis.)

B

BigBlue

When you say Battlefront II, are you talking SW BF 2? or another game?

I just got Call of Duty 2 for the xbox (sadly no 360 for me - just regular xbox)... It is tremendously linear... you are playing out history and have to follow in the footsteps of their events... and I can't tell if I'm killing friendlies or Nazis to be honest... the only way to know is to turn on the "friendly tag" which shows you it's a good guy... now, to be fair this is not the ONLY game you can't figure out one side from another on... it's easy in games like Halo/Halo 2, since they are a different race... but without wearing different colored uniforms (which in all honesty isn't even legit)... I think that's why there are so many victims of friendly fire in reality... we all look pretty much the same in a scope from a distance. Especially when the camo is similar for the environment... Perhaps some day we'll find some way to make special dogtags which somehow let you know you have a friendly in your scope... but then, your enemy finds out and they use that tech against you...

Maybe you encode the DNA signature in the dogtags and the dogtags somehow *know* they are on the correct person... :D ok, not likely to happen this decade or two anyways... for now, you just hope you aren't "collateral damage".

E

evan d

BigBlue said:
When you say Battlefront II, are you talking SW BF 2? or another game?

Maybe you encode the DNA signature in the dogtags and the dogtags somehow *know* they are on the correct person... :D ok, not likely to happen this decade or two anyways... for now, you just hope you aren't "collateral damage".

For the first part I meant battlefield 2. I also still love desert combat. Does DC work for battlefield vietnam? I would love to know.

For the second part, Are you planning a genocide big blue?

N

Nightstalkers

that newfangled starwars battlefront 2 isn't too bad. At least you can be a butt stomping saber wielding dude...

Except those random planets that you can only be boba fett (basically a super trooper). If they had added content for the game, I'd be more thrilled but at least it's better than battlefield 2