Question about the Stack...

Discussion in 'Rules Questions' started by BigBlue, Sep 19, 2008.

1. BigBlue Magic Jones

Here's the scenario:

I'm attacking w/ First Strike Creature, defender blocks w/ damage redirection creature (but he can only activate it once)

No responses prior to damage
    First Strike damage goes on stack
    I pass priority
    defender plays redirection ability. I have no response to redirection
    I now have priority again correct? Say I want to tim his blocker for 1, so his redirection will only affect that 1 point and the blocker will take the FS damage...

Stack looks like this right now: -

1) FS Damage
    2) The next time foo is damaged, it will damage bar instead.

I want to add 3) Tim damage - so that it will be redirected instead of FS damage.

I've always been under the impression that if I pass priority and someone responds, I will have priority again before the next thing on the stack happens...

Thanks.
  2. Mooseman Isengar Tussle

Yes until you both pass priority in succession, nothing resolves from the stack.

Do you have any examples with real cards that we could look at. What type of redirection? The next? Combat? Until EOT? From a source of your choice? Colored?
  3. rokapoke Man Among Gods

BB, it does work the way you expect.

The first strike damage is stacked. Your opponent activates an ability that redirects the next damage to target creature.

Let the redirection ability resolve. The stack now has one component -- the first strike damage. Then you can stack your Tim damage. Voila!
  4. BigBlue Magic Jones

very cool... thank you...

(Look at spidey & my Mindmaster match for actual events)...