• Furnace of Rath (FOIL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scalpelexis (FOIL)

• Pulse of the Forge (FOIL)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Silent Specter (FOIL)

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • None of these prizes would motivate me to enter a contest.

• Total voters

turgy22

Nothing Special
Okay, here's the deal. I'm thinking of sponsoring a contest on the front page, but I'm actually expecting some sort of response and potential enthusiasm. So I would like to know which of the following cards that I own and am currently not using would be a worthy prize to make you willing to write a short article as a contest entry? Or am I just wasting my time thinking about it?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ooo... I have to write an article? Well, I guess if the prize is good (like my vote for the Angel :) )

Judging from past contests we've had though, I'm tending to think there's not going to be much of a response. But on the other hand, we've had some consistent writers recently so it could work out this time...

L

Limited

I think i'd be game for any frontpage-competition, no matter what the prizes ;)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why not let the winner pick from the list.

I'd write an article or two to add to the enthusiasm.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Mooseman said:
Why not let the winner pick from the list.
Good idea. I just wanted to get an idea of whether or not anything in my collection could actually drub up some interest.

I'm not sure bragging rights are enough. I was reading through the archives last week and saw that Sefro tried to start up a contest a while back and apparently it got zero response. People didn't seem very interested in the prizes he offered so I thought that might have been the problem. But maybe it depends more on the contest guidelines than the prizes.

Anyway, I'm glad to hear people are interested. Next week, I guess we'll see if you guys can back it up.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I'm lazy. I'm sorry. But I also vote for the Angel. Oh, and there's an article I was going to write about my old Weird Necro decklist that I still have, but I need to remember what was REALLY in the deck because I know that what I have written down on the paper is wrong (if I write the article, I'll explain why).

D

DarthFerret

I am also interested in writing an article, however, I would like to know what criteria/ topic(s) would be involved. I love to write, but the amount of time availible to me is very limited....

N

Nightstalkers

Exalted Angel

Not that I care or anything, it just seems to be a big spendy card... I'm not too interested in that sort of stuff... Just foiling out my decks.

Z

Zigathon

I'll enter the contest if I could pick a can from the list.
I don't know what I'd want as a prize for winning.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Looks like I should have included an option saying:
"Prizes don't matter. I'll enter any contest!"

Anyway, I've already submitted the contest rules & such for the front page, so hopefully it will be posted by the end of the week. I hope I get at least a decent mix of responses and I think it's a topic that can be a lot of fun and has a lot of room to explore. We'll see... I think it'd be nice to run regular contests here (maybe 3-4 times a year) so depending on the response, I may try to come up with more in the future.

Also... the prize will be any card on the list.

Z

Zigathon

*marks his calendar*
I was just (poorly) attempting to make a (crappy) joke with my last post.
I'd enter even without a prize involved, depending on the topic.

N

Nightstalkers

Depends on the contest... I'm lazy anymore and don't actually build decks for competetive play... I'm just modifying the ones I've got with the newer cards or just foiling them out.

So.. yeah... What is this all about?

D

DarthFerret

Where exactly on here is your submission going to be posted..?

H

HOUTS

....I was going to enter...then I realized only well written, good article, are going to be posted...

Good luck anyhow,

HOUTS