C

Captain Caveman

I was wondering if the CPA had direct links to Oscar's
Primer's. Are they exclusive to his site or can the be
posted here, possible in a New section? Somewhat like
the Dojo's "Killer Decks" section.

I would also like to suggest these decks for our new
section, as well as Oscar's Primer's.

Enchantress(There are atleast two good decks; Combo & Beatdown)
Rebel's(There are atleast three good decks; Counter, Cradle & Block)
Tinker
Living Death
Replentish(21, old T2 & Block)

It would be kind of interesting to see a deck idea go from
Block Constructed to Type II to Extended to Type I.

I would offer to write one but I have terrible writing
skills and it probably wouldn't be any good.

How does everyone feel about a new "Evolution" section? One
that would provide templet's of good decks starting from
the Block construction through Type I. Sort of a reference
tool for the deck building challanged, like myself.

Just wondering,
Caveman

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

That sounds good, but I think that the multiple different Rebel decks, for example, would probably end up bunched together in a Rebel primer.
Also, I don't expect Rakso or anyone from Beyond Dominia to write a primer for any of those decks soon. That is a Type I mill, so they'll probably do all the Type I archetypes first.
So someone with good knowledge of Type II now, or, in many cases, of Type II in the past year or two, would probably have to write them if we didn't wait for Rakso.

Your idea of linking all the primers together is a good one. Also, if any other members have general deckbuilding/play tip articles that they would like to donate, it would be even better (Gizmo for instance could submit some of his very good basic strategy articles).

To increase visibility for this idea, I suggest that you ask one of the mods to move this to CPA/Magic Issues, where it could probably be better appreciated or recognized.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Actually, I feel this should go to the Suggestions forum. The admins always check there.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
We don't have the direct links to the Primers at Beyond Dominia but they shouldn't be hard to get. I have the actual articles that rakso sent me before the site went down a while ago; those are what I've been putting up.

They are pretty much Type 1 (or older card pool) related, for the most part. I don't know if anyone there has updated them as each new set comes out.