Priest of Gix loop

• Thread starter Shiro, Time Devourer
  • Start date
S

Shiro, Time Devourer

U/B infinite Black mana loop

2 Stormscape Familiar in play
1 Cowardice (bounce any targeted creature)
1 Unnatural Selection or Arnjlot's Ascent (1: Target a creature with a spell or ability)
1 Priest of Gix (Play from hand to add BBB to your pool)

Play the priest, bounce the priest, play the priest, bounce the priest, gaining B each time. Then drop a huge Soul Burn in their general direction. Dangerously cheesy.

J

Jigglypuff

Oh man, I was poring over the combo hoping beyond hope that it didn't work, but it does. Crap. Another infinite combo for black. Yay. Let's all celebrate.

My friend also had an infinite mana combo using Priest of Gix, but his went like this:

Ashnod's Altar-Mortuary-Fecundity-Priest of Gix-Highway Robbers

He would play the Priest of Gix and gain 3 black. He'd then sac the Priest to the Ashnod's Altar, so he had 3BB in his pool. He'd put it back on top of his library and draw it through Fecundity. He'd then pay 2BB (leaving B in his pool) to play the Highway Robbers, sucking away 2 life. He'd sac it to the Altar and he'd have 2B and draw the Highway Robbers again through Fecundity. Very very very annoying.

(- Steve -)

T

train

Yeah black!!!

Well I think free creatures taught WOTC a lesson, now they just make them cheap - Morph - not necessarily free...

M

Mikeymike

Instead of the familiar, I'd try the Jet Medallion instead. The Familiar can be tougher to manage with the Cowardice in play. another creature that is great with Cowardice is Jolting Merfolk. For a good X finisher, consider Rocket Launcher as it can hit multiple people with 1 shot.

BTW - I love your sig, it kills me!

D

Deadman

Hmm, I recall a card, can't remember the name of it (dammit).

1uu, enchantment
Whenever a creature comes into play under your control, you may pay 1, if you do, return target creature to owners hand.

If it works how I remember it to, then theres an infinite mana combo right there, just add Gix

J

Jigglypuff

You're probably thinking of Equilibrium:

Equilibrium
{1}{U}{U}
Enchantment
Whenever you play a creature spell, you may pay {1}. If you do, return target creature to its owner's hand.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work. The Equilibrium triggers on you playing a creature spell, not a creature coming into play. You could do it with two Priests of Gix, but not with only one.

(- Steve -)