Predict

Killer Joe

Alright, now THIS card, I like :).

Predict (Uncommon-Odyessy)
1U
Instant
Name a card, then put the top card of target player's library into his or her graveyard. If that card is the named card, you draw two cards. Otherwise, you draw a card.

....or something to that effect.

Anyways, Predict automatically replaces itself so there's no card disadvantage, in fact, you traded one for one with your opponent.

Now, play this in concert with Memory Lapse/Temporal Springs/Repel/Plow Under/Fallow Earth/Time Ebb and any other spell that makes things go back to the top of the library and you got yerself one annoying stratagy :p !!!

I currently have it in my Rogue "U/W Millstone" deck (original idea by Frank Quick)
4 Counterspell
4 Absorb
3 Syncopate
4 Memory Lapse
3 Predict
3 Fact or Fiction
3 Millstone
3 Dismantling Blow
4 Wrath of God
4 Repulse
2 Teferi's Moat
4 Coastal Tower
4 Adarkar Wastes
6 Plains
10 Island

SB//:
2 Serra Angel
2 Gerrard's Wisdom
4 Gainsay
1 Millstone
2 Hibernation
2 Persuasion
2 Aegis of Honor

I'll miss the old U/W Millstone deck, but man, is THIS "F-U-N" to play!!!!:) :) :)

F

FoundationOfRancor

As far as I can see, the only card that supports your predict is Memory Lapse. ?

I think Predict would fit better in a Blue-Green millstone deck. These two colors have great library-bounce symmetry. I have a kinda shaky design of it myself (Only mine splashs black for Volraths Dungeon), and it's alot of fun to Temporal Spring a spiritonger, then predict or mill it to death.

R

rkoelsch

I put predict in my birds deck. He works with sage owl well. look at your next 4 cards. mill 1 and draw 2. I hear card quality is almost as good as card advantage.

Z

Zadok001

rkoelsch: That's interesting. Never thought of that one... That gives a blue deck eight ways to interact favorably with Predict, which makes the little thing fairly useful.

In my experience, while Memory Lapse is ok without Predict, Predict ranges on useless without Memory Lapse. The second option given by rkoelsch might help that element a bit. I found Opt was usually far superior, myself.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyways, Predict automatically replaces itself so there's no card disadvantage, in fact, you traded one for one with your opponent.
I'm not sure this is the right situation to use the term "card advantage". All you did was "mill" a card into the graveyard. You haven't changed anything about his hand or permanents already on the board.

M

Mikeymike

In type 2 it works with Temporal Spring, although you are now at 5 mana.

In type 1 it works with a lot of different cards, like Booby Trap, Vexing Arcanix, time Ebb, Plow Under, and as an anti-tutor card. I'm dying to Predict my friend's Ancestral Recall after he Mystical Tutors for it.

I like rkoelsch's idea too.

M

Mikeymike

I typed that too quickly, it doesn't work as a direct combo w/ the Booby Trap but they fit the same theme so it could be an alternative peeker

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Field of Dreams
U
Enchant World (maybe enchantment...) (Legends)
Players play with the top cards of their libraries face up.

D

Dark_Tira

I agree with Zadok. That combo is just wrong. It should be done with a Cultural Exchange so it's type 2 legal!

L

Lotus Mox

If that Goblin Spy wouldn't be so dumb, he would have had the same ability as Sleeper Agent and spy out the other side :)

WotC, please print a Dwarven Spy with that ability! On second thought, don't.

T

Turtlewax Joe

Personally I actually like Ademis's I idea:)

I'll get on a casual combo deck right away:)

T.J.:p