Possessed Portal

O

orgg

Thinking and Tinkering with Possessed Portal in theory is a little activity I got upto at one point... If two replacement effects try and modify the same event, the controller chooses which to apply first, so any card that says 'if you would draw a card, instead' or 'instead of drawing a card' become interesting with the Portal as a means of bypassing part of the Portal's drawback, removing your draw steps... taking that further, I came up with a 'double combo' deck that I just havn't the means to test right now, but that looks really decent on paper. It uses one 'well known' combo as one kill, and also can accelerate itself to getting out the Portal and its support cards. The Paralelle Thoughs helps set up each combo, and can let you bypass the 'no draw for you!' ability on the portal.

Any ideas on improvements?

Fast Mana
1 Copper Myr
3 Silver Myr
4 Elvish Aberration
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Vedalken Engineer

The Combo You've Definatly Seen
2 Goblin Cannon
2 Pemmin's Aura
3 Wirewood Channeler

The Combo you May Have Seen
1 Words of Wilding
2 Mycosynth Lattice
2 Possessed Portal
2 Summoning Station
3 Myr Servitor

The Setup Card and Card Drawing Mechanism when Portal is in Play
3 Parallel Thoughts

Cards that I'd Drop Dead If You Hadn't Seen Them Before
10 Island
14 Forest

T

train

1 Sol Ring, Grim Monolith, Mana Vault...

You might be able to play it faster in black blue...

Also - Black is great at manipulating the Gy - which will get filled with either the discard, or sacrifice...

I'd say Black Blue definitely...

Mind's desire could also work really well...

as for mana - and I know I suggest this a lot lately - but Rituals, and a lake of the dead work wonders with speed...;)

Demonic Tutors even put cards into your hand instead of drawing them...