POGs...

T

train

Were Pogs big for anyone here?...

That's what this heroclix stuff reminds me of...

T

theorgg

~EMBARRASSED~

I spent probably $300 of my parent's money on Pogs...

insted of Revised, The Dark, and Fallen Empires. I spent a year on them, and they have all left me now for some reason-- they got lost in the move.

I traded Gerode for about thirty or fourty "Poison" Pogs(the only kind I really want nowdays) to use for Poison counters when I heard a rumor that Mercadian Masques was going to have that mechanic featured...

buggar.

It's all good. I've got a deck that uses Poison now, anyway, and I've always liked the mechanic.

Y'know, those damned things are VERY hard to find when you're looking for them, too... Ebzay doesn't even have 'em!

S

Svenmonkey

My elementary school banned pogs, actually, the year kids started playing with them, because if someone won all of another kids pogs and such during recess it led to the two kids fighting. As I recall, there were many times when "slammers" had to be extracted from eye sockets.

Ferret

Staff member
Tee hee hee. Pogs. Before there was pokemon, there was tiddlywinks - I mean pogs... I had so much fun laughing at the kids at the gaming stores w/ their pogs...thanks. I needed that laugh.

-Ferret

"Remember Alf? He's back. In Pog form..."

D

Darkstar

Hmm... I too invested quite a bit of my parents money in the lil circular disks of joy. I still have all mine... if anyone wants em... ill let the whole box(about a billion of em) for a good rare and shipping! Too many memories when I see em in my closet! Anyone ever get those ink dots pogs or the spider man ones? I have a whole binder of those. Some of em probally rare... if only they were a lil bigger, they would make great coasters!

A

Apollo

I remember laughing at those things... everyone at my after-school thing had them except me and my bro and this one girl--we played Magic all the time. I'm betting we got a better return on investment in the long run...

T

train

Darkstar... what do you need rare-wise and we might have a deal going here...

And I do remember slammers hurting when thrown like a "chinese star" would be thrown...:eek:

D

Darkstar

um.... just whatevers on my list train... i updated it yesterday

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I remember Pogs and Beanie Babies being big around the same time.

Funnily enough, they seem to have dropped out of sight around my area (or at least not getting a lot of media time anymore).

S

Svenmonkey

Yeah, Beanie Babies and Pogs are gone (to my knowledge) in the Maryland area. Kids still collect beanie babies, though, but not religiously or competetively like they used to, and I haven't seen a kid with pogs in at least 3 years.

T

train

The biggest beanies now are the McD's beanies... and there's quite a few shops here in San Angelo that deal in beanies...