Planar Chaos Preview Cards

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You know, I'm just not excited about the knew akroma. Without First Strike or Haste, the other one is 50 billion times better. It's still a HUGELY impressive beater, but I'm not excited about it.

I like Groundbreaker. Let's hope that the massive amount of spot removal in the environment doesn't ruin it's potential.

Damnation......... when I saw it a while back..... I wet myself.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Killer Joe

Oh, so the new face is absent of alot of white which will make the card faces look darker,...again. I LIKE IT! :D

N

Nightstalkers

Hee hee, shapeshifters...

A bit over costed tho.

N

Nightstalkers

Well, it's on par with the average of 4 mana cost for a shifter.

S

sageridder

It copies from a graveyard, any of the new 3 colored dragon legends in this set come into play a lot easier. Looks good to me.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

Oversoul said:
Copy Phyrexian Dreadnought.
Does that work? I hope so. If Body Double "comes into play as a copy of that creature" then maybe it gets around the whole "If Phyrexian Dreadnought would come into play..." bit.

01/10/07 preview card below.

Attachments

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul said:
I think it works, because Body Double is already in play when its ability triggers...
I'm not so sure about that.
Body Double says:
"as <THIS> comes into play, you may choose a creature in a GY, <THIS> comes into play as a copy of that creature"
So Phyrexian Dreadnought's CIP ability would trigger.

E

EricBess

Phyrexian Dreadnought doesn't have a CIP ability. It was errata'ed to be "As <THIS> comes into play..." also.

The ruling is the if a "As <this> comes into play..." effect results in another one, the first one "happens" soon enough that the second one applies as well. So, Body Double will not get arround Phyrxian Dreadnought.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
EricBess said:
The ruling is the if a "As <this> comes into play..." effect results in another one, the first one "happens" soon enough that the second one applies as well. So, Body Double will not get arround Phyrxian Dreadnought.
Nothing happens "soon enough", here is the relavent rule.

503.5. An object that comes into play “as a copy” of another permanent becomes a copy as it comes into play. It doesn’t come into play, and then become a copy of that permanent. If the text that’s being copied includes any abilities that replace the comes-into-play event (such as “comes into play with” or “as [this] comes into play” abilities), those abilities will take effect. Also, any comes-into-play triggered abilities of the copy will have a chance to trigger.
Example: Skyshroud Behemoth reads, “Fading 2 (This creature comes into play with two fade counters on it. At the beginning of your upkeep, remove a fade counter from it. If you can’t, sacrifice it.) / Skyshroud Behemoth comes into play tapped.” A Clone that comes into play as a copy of a Skyshroud Behemoth will also come into play tapped with two fade counters on it.
Example: Striped Bears reads, “When Striped Bears comes into play, draw a card.” A Clone comes into play as a copy of Striped Bears. The Clone has the Bears’ comes-into-play triggered ability, so the Clone’s controller draws a card.

D

DarthFerret

does that hold true with the Vesuvan Doppleganger when he changes on upkeep?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
If it happens during upkeep that a creature copies another creature and it was already in play, No CIP triggers or costs.