plague sliver

M

mythosx

What is up with this bad boy? How does he help anything? I am trying to complete my sliver deck but I cant see how this guy helps. I would only include 1 of him just to say I have him in there. Any know how I can use him more efficiently or break him in some way?

D

DarthFerret

the only advantage of the card is that he is a 5/5 for 4 mana. Unless you have a way of negating the damage, or of redirecting the damage, not sure he is much use. in the old days, it would have been a better card, but now there are so many options availible, I generally as a rule avoid anything with that high of a drawback.

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

Essense Sliver. It negates the effect of the Plague Sliver, even if you toss out 4 of the plague slivers you're still making the same amount of life as you're taking. If you toss out more essence you should gain more life than you lose. Simple.

But I must say, Angel's Grace on a stick does make for an interesting game.

M

mythosx

essence sliver, thats brilliant!!! it did not occur to me since i associate essence sliver with beatdown. But it is not so, since I gain life when I sac acidic slivers. thats brilliant!!! Thanks...i might be able to pack 4 of these bad boys then...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like Plague Sliver just for Mono Black beatdown. And he's great sideboard against Slivers..... but that's just obvious.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

I think that you'd probably be crazy not to run an Essence Sliver with Plague Sliver around.

M

mythosx

As anyone one of you who has played tribal with me knows I actually own a 188 card sliver deck with at least 1 copy of each sliver and 4 copies of abilities that stack. Plague sliver at first seemed to be a deteriment. But if I bump my essence sliver count up to 4 from 2 then I can actually run 4 plague slivers and actually take advantage of a 5/5 for four on the rare occasions that i draw him.

T

train

He's a 4 mana 5/5 that has an ability that can easily be nullified by the essence, or voided out by something like... Worship...

E

Ephraim

Just because I like raising old threads from the dead...

Plague Sliver is a card that I either play alone as an excellent beatdown card or one that I put into a deck when I'm expecting my opponent to be playing slivers. Having one big creature that has the combined benefits of the opponent's slivers, while your opponent is taking 1 damage every turn for each sliver he controls is pretty nice.